The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

0.5% growth since the vote.

Top people at the Treasury and IMF should be considering their positions given their now severely discredited doom-mongering.

"The economy was boosted by a strong performance from the services sector.

This is the first estimate of economic growth for the period, using less than half the data that will be used for the final estimate."

The services sector is the one that is most under treat from Brexit. If you still think that there will be no impact going forward then you are deluded. Also, this is a very provisional forecast and you are being premature with what you can take as fact. Just wait for the full data or is that too much to ask?

"The economy was boosted by a strong performance from the services sector.

This is the first estimate of economic growth for the period, using less than half the data that will be used for the final estimate."

The services sector is the one that is most under treat from Brexit. If you still think that there will be no impact going forward then you are deluded. Also, this is a very provisional forecast and you are being premature with what you can take as fact. Just wait for the full data or is that too much to ask?

Yes. Far too much to ask with the bulk remainers latching onto any negative news as proof of the folly of Brexit. Way too much to ask.

This is good economic news and is only going to be revised slightly if at all when the later data is added.

Nobody is saying there is nothing to worry about, but...

There is no recession.

You can't be in a recession and in positive growth at the same time.

as i said in an earlier post, that I believed that they were using Brexit to get be a better deal with the government, wonder what it was? Never the less still good news

It seems that Nissan has just announced that it will be building 2 new models in Sunderland. I see I've been beaten to it. I must update more often.

It seems that Nissan has just announced that it will be building 2 new models in Sunderland.

¿ Yes. But that's good economic news you see so it doesn't count.

Please go away and find some bad economic news as this will be accepted on face value. ¿

It's perfectly reasonable to ask what someone thinks is wrong with EU standards, and why we should have our own.

The Amber Rudd thread is still open if you want to post there, so really just a reminder that we don't want this Brexit thread ruined again. Stick to the topic. Take your grudges to another thread.

I don't know what's wrong with EU standards but it's not important because whatever we sell to the EU will still have to conform to them. Whatever they sell to us will have to conform to ours. But considering the UK used its influence to make the EU standards high I don't think they are an issue.