The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The question was asked which businesses had moved to the UK from Europe because of EU grants. We couldn't think of any.

perhaps because has others had pointed out no eu grants are involved....

however, the UK has been very successful at attracting inward investment

http://www.ey.com/uk/en/newsroom/news-releases/15-05-27---uk-increases-lead-in-european-inward-investment-race-but-eu-referendum-threatens-its-future-performance

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 10:12 ----------

What about the 29 million who didn't vote to leave?

we dont count anymore and the leavers want to shoot us

Exaclty the same has what happened in 1975, to those who were not eligible to vote or didn't register to vote.

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 10:26 ----------

we dont count anymore and the leavers want to shoot us

Of course Leave voters counted, but there were more Remain voters, which is why the UK is leaving the EU.

Little thought is something I associate with brexiteers, so your opinion is predictable if nothing else.

---------- Post added 17-12-2016 at 21:40 ----------

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/17/socially-isolated-voters-more-likely-to-favour-brexit-finds-thinktank

Socially isolated, poor, elderly and/or of low education, the defining characteristics of the brexiteer.

All this knowledge is gained from a poll of 1661 people, wow that is an amazing statistic! I think the phrase Think-tank should be reinvented by someone who actually thinks.

Socially isolated I am not, poor I am not, elderly yes, of low education I am not, so much for all of that!

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 10:44 ----------

I take it you are referring to those who just couldn't be bothered to vote? If so then its simple, if they didnt vote then just like any other election or referendum they don't count.

Edited by apelike

All this knowledge is gained from a poll of 1661 people, wow that is an amazing statistic! I think the phrase Think-tank should be reinvented by someone who actually thinks.

Socially isolated I am not, poor I am not, elderly yes, of low education I am not, so much for all of that!

There certainly wasn't a claim that ONLY those who met EVERY one of those factors voted to leave.

Amusingly you confirm that you do indeed meet one of the strong indicative factors for being a leave voter. The elderly (proportionally speaking) have screwed over the younger and multiple generations to come with their xenophobic vote. The poor voted leave because the leave campaign lied to them that they'd be better off, the ill educated voted leave because the leave campaign lied to them that "it" was all the EUs fault and without education they didn't have the tools to see through the lies.

That is more a result of globalisation than the EU. Granted the EU is an agent of globalisation but it is very far from the unbridled globalisation that the Extremist Brexit leaders want.

so instead of being owned by Spain, Germany and Holland, we're gonna be owned by America, China and Russia Oo

and maybe Saudi Arabia lol

There certainly wasn't a claim that ONLY those who met EVERY one of those factors voted to leave.

Amusingly you confirm that you do indeed meet one of the strong indicative factors for being a leave voter. The elderly (proportionally speaking) have screwed over the younger and multiple generations to come with their xenophobic vote. The poor voted leave because the leave campaign lied to them that they'd be better off, the ill educated voted leave because the leave campaign lied to them that "it" was all the EUs fault and without education they didn't have the tools to see through the lies.

Those who voted leave were the sensible ones who voted to leave the sinking ship, leaving the idiots behind whining.

so instead of being owned by Spain, Germany and Holland, we're gonna be owned by America, China and Russia Oo

and maybe Saudi Arabia lol

Exactly.

You have to look at what the Brexit leaders have to gain. What are their business interests. We know Fox is in love with the US as evidenced with his Atlantic Bridge charity.

Even pre-article 50 we see repeated announcements that cause market shifts. Brexit leaders must know they are going to make market-impacting statements. I'd like to know who is making money from that. Are there any tip-offs, leaks of speeches. Maybe the FCA should give it all the once over.

It's all got the potential for massive levels of corruption, and enormous personal gain for key players.

---------- Post added 18-12-2016 at 13:11 ----------

Those who voted leave were the sensible ones who voted to leave the sinking ship, leaving the idiots behind whining.

There's no evidence the EU is sinking. It is troubled but my money is on it getting stronger out of all this. It will have to change of course even after the UK leaves but I can't see it collapsing.

Edited by I1L2T3

Amusingly you confirm that you do indeed meet one of the strong indicative factors for being a leave voter.

By strong do you mean a sample of 1661 people! Hardly representative of the population that voted is it.

Amusingly the vote could have had a diferent outcome if the many young that were allowed a vote actually got up, opened the curtains and went out to vote. But it seems they couldnt be bothered and yet again relied on others to vote instead.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/eu-referendum-brexit-young-people-upset-by-the-outcome-of-the-eu-referendum-why-didnt-you-vote-a7105396.html

The elderly (proportionally speaking) have screwed over the younger and multiple generations to come with their xenophobic vote.

I think you are making the classic media led mistake of classing all elderly leave voters as xenophopic, which clearly is not the case. What you need to also realise is that most of these elderly voters also have children and grandchildren and voted leave also in their best interests. I know I certainly did.

Maybe you could explain how and in what way the elderly have "screwed over the younger and multiple generations to come," and why a great percentage of the young didnt vote.