The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

What manifesto would that be?

Referendums are non binding, but ofc they will follow that by leaving the EU. Nobody has said otherwise. The terms on which we leave are for the government. the terms on which we interact with the EU going forward is for the government.

The poster is referring to the 2015 Conservative manifesto, which promised and IN / OUT EU referendum, after discussions with the EU to renegotiate terms. There was no promise of the UK continuing in the single market, if the UK decided to leave the EU.

The poster is referring to the 2015 Conservative manifesto, which promised and IN / OUT EU referendum, after discussions with the EU to renegotiate terms. There was no promise of the UK continuing in the single market, if the UK decided to leave the EU.

The government can do what it likes. The only thing it is obliged to do if it wishes to follow the referendum result is cease to be a member of the EU, which it will do. That is all the vote was about.

I am not with you. What do you mean by put right ?

Reduce the impact of an ill-informed decision driven by hatred and lies, a decision that if the extremists get their way will be economically and socially devastating ,for 65 million people for decades to come.

Democracy will win in the end.

The government can do what it likes. The only thing it is obliged to do if it wishes to follow the referendum result is cease to be a member of the EU, which it will do. That is all the vote was about.

I agree. The Government has made it perfectly clear they will follow the referendum result, so there is nothing really further to discuss.

I agree. The Government has made it perfectly clear they will follow the referendum result, so there is nothing really further to discuss.

Yes there is. The terms of exit are still very much up for discussion. Ages to go yet.