The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Surely the leavers won't fall that type of nice sounding empty rhetoric again. Will they?

Then again . . . . . .

It does amuse me that so many folk seem to imagine that anyone who voted to leave the EU didn't understand the question or was duped. I know of no one who has changed their minds. They just want the government to get on with getting us out.

It does amuse me that so many folk seem to imagine that anyone who voted to leave the EU didn't understand the question or was duped. I know of no one who has changed their minds. They just want the government to get on with getting us out.

The point about criticising 'Brexit means Brexit' is that it is meaningless. It could be applied to 'stay in the single market and accept free movement of people' just as much as it could be applied to 'no EU immigration and WTO trade rules'.

Then why do as many as 10% of leave voters have doubts about their choice, compared to only 2% of remain voters?

The point about criticising 'Brexit means Brexit' is that it is meaningless. It could be applied to 'stay in the single market and accept free movement of people' just as much as it could be applied to 'no EU immigration and WTO trade rules'.

But Brexit is Brexit. We have to start the process of leaving before we can start the process of negociating deals. So it doesn't really matter what sort of Brexit you want, or whether you think that some MP's opinion can make a difference. The deal will be the deal that we agree. In the meantime we should get on with the process of agreeing trade deals with the rest of the world. The deals that being in the EU prevented.

But Brexit is Brexit. We have to start the process of leaving before we can start the process of negociating deals. So it doesn't really matter what sort of Brexit you want, or whether you think that some MP's opinion can make a difference. The deal will be the deal that we agree.

How good a deal do you think we'll get if we start negotiations without a clear idea of what our aims are and before we have enough sufficiently skilled negotiators to argue our position?

In the meantime we should get on with the process of agreeing trade deals with the rest of the world. The deals that being in the EU prevented.
We can't do that until we know what are relationship with the EU is going to be. Do you think other countries are going to put lots of effort into something that may turn out to go nowhere because we might decided to stay in the EU customs union (or whatever it is that means we retain current trading arrangements).

But Brexit is Brexit. We have to start the process of leaving before we can start the process of negociating deals. So it doesn't really matter what sort of Brexit you want, or whether you think that some MP's opinion can make a difference. The deal will be the deal that we agree. In the meantime we should get on with the process of agreeing trade deals with the rest of the world. The deals that being in the EU prevented.

No we can't. We can't legally form any trade deals until we're no longer part of the EU.

Brexit is brexit is just a platitude for those who can't begin to describe what it might really mean.

---------- Post added 21-12-2016 at 18:01 ----------

And yet the polls and the TV and twitter are full of them.

It amuses me that you think your anecdote of not knowing anyone clever enough to change their mind is somehow representative.

Edited by Cyclone

My cousin voted for another £350 million a week to the NHS.

It`ll be interesting to see if any Brexiteers answer this question, as it`s a bit difficult for them (so best just ignore it and pretend we haven`t read it......)

Does he want to buy any fairy dust? My cousin's wife's sister has got some for sale, and it's guaranteed genuine. She also believed Cameron who said he wouldn't resign if he lost the referendum.

Incidentally didn't it used to be your nephew who believed everything he saw.

No we can't. We can't legally form any trade deals until we're no longer part of the EU.

Brexit is brexit is just a platitude for those who can't begin to describe what it might really mean.

---------- Post added 21-12-2016 at 18:01 ----------

And yet the polls and the TV and twitter are full of them.

It amuses me that you think your anecdote of not knowing anyone clever enough to change their mind is somehow representative.

Hey thanks for proving my point for fitting yourself up 100% as the stereotype I mentioned.

Actually the situation is backed up by the opinion polls which show virtually no movement since the referendum

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/8e293lt9rf/Eurotrack_October_Trackers_Website.pdf

If there was a referendum on [COUNTRY's] membership of the European

Union, how would you vote?

I would vote to remain a member of the European Union 44%

I would vote to leave the European Union 43%

I would not vote 6%

Don’t know 7%

I think you will find that we can and are negotiating trade deals around the world. There is absolutely nothing to stop us. We shouldn't really sign them off before we leave the EU, but there is nothing whatsoever to stop the deals being thrashed out ready to be signed off the day after we leave.

Edited by hush

Some people obviously have changed their minds

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Sunderland-Brexit-e1481556036564.jpg

I don't need to read anything. I understand the meaning of honour and respect for the democratic process. Any MP who obstructs the wishes of the electorate from being carried as a consequence of the EU referendum result, has no respect for democracy.

Sore Remain losers are behaving like dodgy traders, who look for loopholes for not honouring the terms of a guarantee or warranty.

You seem to prove my point. Uneducated.

If you actually read a bit more, you'll understand the legal ramifications if we do not get this right now. Have you noticed the High Court ruling and then the subsequent Supreme Court hearing the case? Did you also notice the arguments presented by the devolved nations?

If the Supreme Court rules that the devolved governments need to give their consent for Brexit to happen, what then?