The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Hush seemed to be amused by the 'uneducated' comments. :)

I was indeed.

Yes, that was the point I made on the previous page that seems to have upset hush.

Not at all. I was looking for a reason why you thought that to be important.

Millions voted, but on average the less educated voted leave; but I am sure you already get that.

It was apparently in the traditional working class areas too. Do you think we should prevent these people from voting in elections?

Edited by hush

I was indeed.

You did give a clue by using the word 'amuse' in one of your recent posts. BUT, I guess the 'well educated' missed that or thought you meant 'not amused' like they think, when people voted to 'leave' the EU it meant they want to 'Remain' in the EU.

The less educated seem to be the ones with sense, something some don't seem to gain by education.

I think its probably down to which news media they read. Older people are leavers too, more probably read printed news.

And the fact that the less educated are more likely to be poorer, so they will not be the type of person flitting from one country to another, more internationally mobile people will see more benefits in free movement.

With our Government testing the waters with voter ID, we do not want to discourage people from voting.

Could I suggest a Werther's Original for every voter ;)

Well, away from all these claims and counter claims about the education of the electorate. We went to Spain the other week and despite the warnings of the remoaners who are scouring the left wing papers for bad news, the holiday was cheaper than the same time last year. When there despite the fall in the value of the pound it was still much cheaper than here to go out and have a few pints, eating out for lunch also cheaper, so still great value for money and met some lovely people.

When we got back I was reading about the Greek government defying its international creditors and paying over half a billion quid in bonuses to pensioners. Anyone who's been to Greece knows that the mentality will never change.

It's no wonder the southern and eastern countries don't want the UK to leave when they're paying a bit in and getting a lot out, and the opposite for the northern and western countries

Not at all. I was looking for a reason why you thought that to be important.

You were? When? Was that when you were attacking my grammar or going on about my degree?

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 13:55 ----------

They like to use the word 'uneducated' :)

I'm not sure about him being amused, he seems upset by it if anything.

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 13:57 ----------

Perhaps you would convince more people of your high level of education if your grammar was a little better.

Still waiting. You've got nothing to back this up I guess...

You were? When? Was that when you were attacking my grammar or going on about my degree?

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 13:55 ----------

I'm not sure about him being amused, he seems upset by it if anything.

---------- Post added 22-12-2016 at 13:57 ----------

Still waiting. You've got nothing to back this up I guess...

Still spitting out your dummy I see. :hihi::hihi:

I corrected your grammar a while ago. Perhaps you didn't understand it.