The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I think the futility of the EU was demonstrated by their difficulty of setting up trade links with Canada. When the deal was effectively scuppered after years of negotiation because of some region in Belgium that objected.

It seems that countries like Australia are getting pretty sick of trying to deal with the EU and are very keen to re-establish links with the UK once we are free of the yolk. The world is our oyster once we get rid of this load of bureaucratic dead beats.

The region in Belgium were obviously trying to blackmail their own Government to get some concessions, which is similar behaviour to the Scottish National Party use against our own UK Government. 28 Nations is just too big and too easy for one nation to hold the rest of the EU to ransom.

The region in Belgium were obviously trying to blackmail their own Government to get some concessions, which is similar behaviour to the Scottish National Party use against our own UK Government. 28 Nations is just too big and too easy for one nation to hold the rest of the EU to ransom.

Perhaps we should use our remaining time as members to disrupt activities as well. Or not...in exchange for allowing us to sign a few of the post Brexit trade deals.

Perhaps we should use our remaining time as members to disrupt activities as well. Or not...in exchange for allowing us to sign a few of the post Brexit trade deals.

I don't think the UK are allowed any input in EU decision making any more as a consequence of the EU referendum result. In fact I believe our Prime Minister had to leave the room in a meeting this month. The UK is effectively out of the EU now regarding influence, therefore those seeking to obstruct article 50 being triggered are effectively traitors.

I don't think the UK are allowed any input in EU decision making any more as a consequence of the EU referendum result. In fact I believe our Prime Minister had to leave the room in a meeting this month. The UK is effectively out of the EU now regarding influence, therefore those seeking to obstruct article 50 being triggered are effectively traitors.

If it is correct that we are excluded from EU business even before we have anounced our leaving the EU, then I think we are within our rights to withold further payments and to get on with our own future which is establishing trade links with the rest of the world.

If it is correct that we are excluded from EU business even before we have anounced our leaving the EU, then I think we are within our rights to withold further payments and to get on with our own future which is establishing trade links with the rest of the world.

we are only excluded from matters relating to our exit and some of those which will come to fruition after we've gone.

I agree with you sentiments. At the moment we are mugs continuing to make contributions to the EU, without any influence in how UK taxpayers' money is spent. It is similar to someone being a member of a very expensive Golf club, who has to continue paying a huge membership fee, but is not allowed to play golf on the course or allowed in the bar.

Under these circumstances, it is only common sense that the UK should seek to end the financial contributions to the EU at the earliest opportunity and that can only be achieved by triggering article 50 sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added 23-12-2016 at 17:38 ----------

we are only excluded from matters relating to our exit and some of those which will come to fruition after we've gone.

Really ? .....