The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Hasn't speculation been exhausted yet !

nowhere near, there is plenty more speculating to do

---------- Post added 23-12-2016 at 18:26 ----------

Really ? .......

EU leaders spend '20 minutes' on Brexit, after May returns to UK

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/15/theresa-may-returns-to-uk-as-eu-leaders-prepare-for-brexit-battle

while brexit may be the sole topic of thought and conversation in our little collective of the insane there are many other things to occupy the remaining eu leaders than brexit

I don't think the UK are allowed any input in EU decision making any more as a consequence of the EU referendum result. In fact I believe our Prime Minister had to leave the room in a meeting this month. The UK is effectively out of the EU now regarding influence, therefore those seeking to obstruct article 50 being triggered are effectively traitors.

Traitors?

Don't be ridiculous :hihi:

nowhere near, there is plenty more speculating to do

---------- Post added 23-12-2016 at 18:26 ----------

while brexit may be the sole topic of thought and conversation in our little collective of the insane there are many other things to occupy the remaining eu leaders than brexit

Is that business that the UK, as an EU member, gets to take part in?

the bits which relate to the future of the eu after we've gone then no we shouldn't take part in.

if we wanted to take part in those discussions then we shouldn't have voted to leave.

But any part of the running of the EU would have an impact on us until we leave. So are we involved in those discussions?

eg. Should we put money into building sea defences in Cyprus or should that money be allocated to the UK?

You are aware of course that we haven't triggered article 50 yet, and will still continue handing them cash to spend until the day we leave?

Edited by hush

the bits which relate to the future of the eu after we've gone then no we shouldn't take part in.

if we wanted to take part in those discussions then we shouldn't have voted to leave.

Ok, so you think it is fair that other EU nations don't invite our Prime Minister to a dinner, because they are pretending to talk about BREXIT and really discuss other issues, which the UK should still be involved in as a consequence of still being one of the main contributors to the EU budget.

---------- Post added 23-12-2016 at 18:54 ----------

Traitors?

Don't be ridiculous :hihi:

If the cap fits :suspect:

Ok, so you think it is fair that other EU nations don't invite our Prime Minister to a dinner, because they are pretending to talk about BREXIT and really discuss other issues, which the UK should still be involved in as a consequence of still being one of the main contributors to the EU budget.

Wow - Gamston, you appear to have inside knowledge that no-one else does... Can I be in your gang?

Oh, and there should be a question mark at the end of your sentence, shouldn't there? You wouldn't want to get your punctuation wrong would you?

Wow - Gamston, you appear to have inside knowledge that no-one else does... Can I be in your gang?

Oh, and there should be a question mark at the end of your sentence, shouldn't there? You wouldn't want to get your punctuation wrong would you?

I guess you never read the Guardian article, which I posted a link to? If you had read the article, then you may have known, that I wasn't asking andyofborg a question, just analysing his post I quoted.

You are clutching at straws, which seems to be a common trait of sore BREXIT losers, when you are looking for punctuation errors. :)

I guess you never read the Guardian article, which I posted a link to? If you had read the article, then you may have known, that I wasn't asking andyofborg a question, just analysing his post I quoted.

You are clutching at straws, which seems to be a common trait of sore BREXIT losers, when you are looking for punctuation errors. :)

Could you point to the bit of the article you linked to that indicates they discussed anything other than brexit after Theresa May had left? In this bit of the article you quoted

The EU’s remaining 27 leaders wrapped up their Brexit discussions in around 20 minutes. Donald Tusk, president of the European council, described it as a “short informal meeting” to finalise the EU’s Brexit processes.

Rather than Brexit, the EU devoted far more time to dealing with the consequences of the Dutch referendum, where voters rejected a landmark association agreement with Ukraine.

there's a link to this article which says
Theresa May took part in the full day of meetings, but had not been invited to the final part of the evening, where EU leaders discussed Brexit without her. When it became clear the summit was running late, with a planned Brexit dinner among the EU27 cancelled, May excused herself telling fellow leaders she had better go.
which indicates that the only thing they discussed after May has left was brexit. Edited by altus
Corrected link