The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

What's the problem with giving people the option to work or lose benefits?

Perhaps the reason some don't want out of the EU is they won't have an excuse to stay on benefits.

Well, you're in luck, once we leave the EU loads of employment rights and those pesky H&S regs will disappear. I'm thinking of starting a sweat shop now, you know get in early. In your world I'd only need to get the social to round up a few dole-ites and I'm all set. I'll get the playground* ready for their kids.

*packing area - I'm not made of money.

Well, you're in luck, once we leave the EU loads of employment rights and those pesky H&S regs will disappear. I'm thinking of starting a sweat shop now, you know get in early. In your world I'd only need to get the social to round up a few dole-ites and I'm all set. I'll get the playground* ready for their kids.

*packing area - I'm not made of money.

Who's said anything about employment rights and H&S regs being eroded?

The only ones making up those stories are the remoaners.

Hasn't it already been said that we will carry on with all EU legislation until a time comes when we change them for our own benefit?

The first one should be getting rid of the human rights act and bringing in a rights and responsibility act. So no rights without responsibility, that should save us a few billion on human rights lawyers.

Hasn't it already been said that we will carry on with all EU legislation until a time comes when we change them for our own benefit?

The first one should be getting rid of the human rights act and bringing in a rights and responsibility act. So no rights without responsibility, that should save us a few billion on human rights lawyers.

From my understanding, all current EU law / legislation is being incorporated into English law and will only be amended or scrapped if Parliament decides to do so. Therefore no one, with any authority has said anything about employment rights being eroded.

Define "own" benefit? If you think that binning the human rights act is a good thing, you're in luck. The rest will follow.

From my understanding, all current EU law / legislation is being incorporated into English law and will only be amended or scrapped if Parliament decides to do so. Therefore no one, with any authority has said anything about employment rights being eroded.

The remoaners are desperately hoping for changes to legislation and failure of brexit so they can carry on whinging. They've been scouring the papers for bad news and now they're not managing to find much, let's invent some.

So why the noise from leave in the run up to the referendum banging on about "getting rid of red tape" to "make us more competitive"? What do you think they mean? Good god, some of the more extreme brexiters want us the be able to compete with India.

Define "own" benefit? If you think that binning the human rights act is a good thing, you're in luck. The rest will follow.

I don't need to define it, that's what we have a government for, me and you don't make policy we just get to vote and the government should then carry out the wishes of the majority. You're making up scare stories again.

Where has anyone said this legislation will be repealed?

So why the noise from leave in the run up to the referendum banging on about "getting rid of red tape" to "make us more competitive"? What do you think they mean? Good god, some of the more extreme brexiters want us the be able to compete with India.

There was a lot of noise from people on both sides about loads of issues, who had no authority or guarantee of authority in the future. I thought Mrs May had cleared up the situation, when she announced plans for a “Great Repeal Bill”

It will be for Parliament to decide in the future, if there are any areas of unnecessary 'red tape' which need amending or scrapping.

Not forcing, giving options.

Go and work for a living or feel free to sign off.

You're forgetting that the unemployed people probably won't be ones the farmers want to employ. Perhaps too old or unfit, wrong temperament, not happy to do that type of work and most likely living in the wrong places.

If you had a business would you want random people parachuted into positions they weren't suited for. Why should farming business be subjected to having unsuitable employees imposed on them.

Like always the silly little right wing rants fall apart as soon as the real world is considered.

You're forgetting that the unemployed people probably won't be ones the farmers want to employ. Perhaps too old or unfit, wrong temperament, not happy to do that type of work and most likely living in the wrong places.

What better way of proving that that you are eager for a job, than traveling 50 miles, better still 500miles