The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Sore losers are now complaining, if the UK will be £450 million per week better off. :huh:

If only it was true and not some made up crap from sore winners who are starting to panic about not being able to destroy the economy so they can profit from the fallout.

;)

If only it was true and not some made up crap from sore winners who are starting to panic about not being able to destroy the economy so they can profit from the fallout.

;)

I've not met any sore winners. Most are revelling in the victory which means our freedom from the EU. I'm very happy and optimistic about our future outside the union.

On the other hand there are a few who having lost the popular vote seem to have devoted their lives to negativity and the hope that our economy fails.

I don't need the economy to fail to profit from "the fallout". I took the advice of a financial advisor. The investments that he suggested have outperformed the rest of the FTSE which itself seems to be doing rather well.

Edited by hush

If in 5 years time and we are out of the eu and we are £350m better off and it has trickled down, we haven't gone round and burnt through all the majority of employment, h & s and environmental laws, and deprived areas that got money, still get it, I'll do a little dance and post it on here and we'll all have a good laugh about my concerns.

Sore losers are now complaining, if the UK will be £450 million per week better off. :huh:

I haven't seen anyone complain should we as a nation be better off outside the EU. The only question I was positing was which "we" will benefit?

I

Hasn't this myth been debunked already, i.e. the numbers of multi-gemerational workless households is actually tiny. Further, the numbers would nowhere near provide replacement workers for the numbers of EU migrants that currently come here.

Edit: here's the research that destroys the myth you are peddling:

https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/are-cultures-worklessness-passed-down-generations

So, er, shame on you monkey for spreading lies

Sorry, can't see what lies you mean.

But hey, all you remoaners feel free to keep peddling your negativity.

I

Hasn't this myth been debunked already, i.e. the numbers of multi-gemerational workless households is actually tiny. Further, the numbers would nowhere near provide replacement workers for the numbers of EU migrants that currently come here.

Edit: here's the research that destroys the myth you are peddling:

https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/are-cultures-worklessness-passed-down-generations

So, er, shame on you monkey for spreading lies

What I find hard to understand is that we managed to work the fields before mass immigration.

We now have less unskilled labour intensive jobs so why can't we provide agricultural workers ?

What I find hard to understand is that we managed to work the fields before mass immigration.

We now have less unskilled labour intensive jobs so why can't we provide agricultural workers ?

the anecdotal evidence is that those who used to do the work no longer wish to do it for a variety of reasons.

perhaps, if wages rise, some would be encouraged to do such jobs but as margins in the businesses which do this sort of work tend to be very small then it seems this would result in higher prices for the consumer.

the alternative would be a degree of coercion from the DWP to take these jobs which would go far beyond IDS's wildest fantasy.

actually, picking fruit and veg is quite a skilled job as you have to ensure the picked product is of a decent enough quality and appearance to make it to the supermarket shelves and appeal to the shopper.

I think one reason is because the cost of houses has risen way above the rate of inflation, since mass immigration, meaning UK people will struggle to pay rent or get a mortgage with the wages offered. The farmers have really taken advantage of the cheap foreign labour available and kept wages below what they should be.

Robot technology is being developed,so less people will be needed in the fields, in the future and if there is a genuine shortage of labour for the wages offererd, then farm owners will just have to offer higher wages to attract workers just like any other industry does.

Sore losers are just trying to use agricultural workers as an excuse to keep free movement of people, despite the fact the UK voted to leave the EU.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 13:53 ----------

I haven't seen anyone complain should we as a nation be better off outside the EU. The only question I was positing was which "we" will benefit?

Not with you as the whole country will benefit if the Government have more money to spend. It is up to future voters to elect, which Government they think will spend taxpayers money most wisely.

actually, picking fruit and veg is quite a skilled job as you have to ensure the picked product is of a decent enough quality and appearance to make it to the supermarket shelves and appeal to the shopper.

Actually they don't. They have to pick the entire crop which is sorted into the stuff that can go to supermarkets and what goes for pie filling. I'm not really sure how long it takes to train someone to look at an apple and see if it is bruised or not. I've had no formal training whatsoever in the field but I can still go out into the garden, pick an apple and decide whether it is worth putting in a lunch box or needs turning into a pie.