The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Apparently if you want to deceive you could claim global warming is not happening because it is colder this morning than it was in July.

And some people think UK, or Sheffield weather = climate. Last year was another record, but that topic is rather quiet.

---------- Post added 29-12-2016 at 17:06 ----------

Trying the use the FTSE 250 to show that things are bad because of the Brexit vote is in my opinion a non starter - and I say that as someone who voted remain.

What? The long term trend is also upward is it not!?

Looks like that is what you are doing.

I think its rather mixed at the moment. When the stock market crashes, that is a negative, it has since recovered.

Where would the FTSE be without a referendum vote, probably higher than it is now.

And some people think UK, or Sheffield weather = climate. Last year was another record, but that topic is rather quiet.

---------- Post added 29-12-2016 at 17:06 ----------

Looks like that is what you are doing.

I think its rather mixed at the moment. When the stock market crashes, that is a negative, it has since recovered.

Where would the FTSE be without a referendum vote, probably higher than it is now.

Actually what we do know is that the people of the UK voted to leave the EU. Since then despite all the claims of doom and disaster the FTSE 100 has climbed. The FTSE 250 has climbed. The UK steel industry which was on the verge of total collapse has made a remarkable recovery. The 2 largest UK car makers have anounced massive UK investments. The UK motor industry has increased production and sales by an unprecedented 14%. Our exports have increased. Forbes has move Britain up the list of best places to invest from 10th to 5th.

But it's all coincidence. Good news rather than disaster. That's why those Remoaners are having to distort truths in order to keep up the negativity. It's because they can't actually find anythig real to moan about apart from losing the vote.

Ah yes. If only I'd taken your advice and invested in British Home Stores whilst they were on the slide I too could have lost my shirt. Instead I listened to those fools at Hargreaves Lansdown and ended up paying CGT.

You paid CGT -you really don't know how to play the markets do you???

The UK motor industry has increased production and sales by an unprecedented 14%. Our exports have increased. Forbes has move Britain up the list of best places to invest from 10th to 5th.

I wont give any details about the trends, saves arguments ;)

Total trade imports for October 2016 were £39.6 billion. This was a decrease of £5.9 billion (13 per cent) compared with last month, but an increase of £2.2 billion (5.8 per cent) compared with October 2015.

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/OverseasTradeStatistics/Pages/OTS.aspx

The well is collapsing in on you and you still carry on digging.

Are you arguing that it's not valid to anaylse market trends? Weird.

The thing about Brexicide is you've got to keep justifying it, and it has to work and it has to make things better than they are now.

Otherwise people like you are going to look like prize clowns.

Actually what we do know is that the people of the UK voted to leave the EU. Since then despite all the claims of doom and disaster the FTSE 100 has climbed. The FTSE 250 has climbed. The UK steel industry which was on the verge of total collapse has made a remarkable recovery. The 2 largest UK car makers have anounced massive UK investments. The UK motor industry has increased production and sales by an unprecedented 14%. Our exports have increased. Forbes has move Britain up the list of best places to invest from 10th to 5th.

But it's all coincidence. Good news rather than disaster. That's why those Remoaners are having to distort truths in order to keep up the negativity. It's because they can't actually find anythig real to moan about apart from losing the vote.

some is coincidence, the world price of steel has risen somewhat over the last few months which is hardly brexit related though the collapse of sterling is brexit related and has made our steel exports relatively good value, though imports of raw materials will eat that value.

as has been pointed out the ftse 100 is dominated by firms which report in dollars or other foreign currencies and it's the collapse in sterling which has driven that up rather than the performance of the companies.

the ftse250 has risen, but how much of that reflects the money which the bank of england and other central banks have pumped into the markets causing asset bubbles all over the place is open to question. plus, we haven't actually exited the eu yet or even have any idea what sort of deal the government is going for. the mood music from the various ministers seems to be that we are going for a softer exit and you only have to look at what happens to the markets when a minister makes a hard brexit pronouncement.

while the investment from the car manufacturers is very welcome, it seems to have been on the back of some sort of promise which the government hasn't made.

some is coincidence, the world price of steel has risen somewhat over the last few months which is hardly brexit related though the collapse of sterling is brexit related and has made our steel exports relatively good value, though imports of raw materials will eat that value.

as has been pointed out the ftse 100 is dominated by firms which report in dollars or other foreign currencies and it's the collapse in sterling which has driven that up rather than the performance of the companies.

the ftse250 has risen, but how much of that reflects the money which the bank of england and other central banks have pumped into the markets causing asset bubbles all over the place is open to question. plus, we haven't actually exited the eu yet or even have any idea what sort of deal the government is going for. the mood music from the various ministers seems to be that we are going for a softer exit and you only have to look at what happens to the markets when a minister makes a hard brexit pronouncement.

while the investment from the car manufacturers is very welcome, it seems to have been on the back of some sort of promise which the government hasn't made.

It kind of has. I just put this together to show the deceleration in the rate of growth.

https://anonimage.net/image/AMn0cJDLLn

I'd be backing a decline over the next year. Looks like it is topping out.

Britain has secured more than £15 billion pounds of foreign investment since brexit= http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/30/britain-has-secured-15billion-extra-foreign-investment-since/

Yeah,but foreign investment was pouring in before Brexit,and people voted out because it meant nothing to their lives,how is the money coming in after Brexit going to change their lives for the better if it wasn't before?

Yeah,but foreign investment was pouring in before Brexit,and people voted out because it meant nothing to their lives,how is the money coming in after Brexit going to change their lives for the better if it wasn't before?

We are doing well for foreign investment, almost as good as 2007/9, but its short term, maybe the money from the Chinese nuclear plant has come through.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/foreign-direct-investment