The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Anyway, consequences inexorably follow what precedes them.

So by definition no-one knows for sure what they'll be.

Hence one should assess it- the UK's escape from the EU- on principles, not on economics guesswork of what might or might happen.

I think more people voted to leave on issues of principle than for any other reasons.

It seems that Forbes think the UK is a better place for business post brexit.

UK fifth best country for business in 2017

The UK has been named as the fifth best country for business in 2017, according to a new list compiled by Forbes

Despite Brexit uncertainty, the country climbed from tenth to fifth place in the Forbes list, only behind Sweden, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Ireland.

Meanwhile, the US fell one place to 23rd, due to falling scores on trade and monetary freedom.

Japan had one of the biggest drops in the rankings, down 13 spots to 36th, due to declining scores for investor protection and monetary freedom.

Kurt Badenhausen, editor at Forbes, said the UK moved up "thanks to improved scores on corruption, tax burden and monetary freedom, as well as a stronger stock market".

http://www.forbes.com/best-countries-for-business/list/#tab:overall

Just because a place is nice to do business in doesn't mean that it has an associatedly large economy. The actual size of the economy is what matters. Anything else is window dressing.

Edited by ez8004

How many of them are going to think about their principles when they are losing their jobs and homes?

More sour grapes from a sore loser, because nobody knows how many news jobs will be created or lost as a consequence of the UK leaving the EU.

In any case according to you, there is going to be a shortage of people to fill jobs after BREXIT, so they shouldn't have any problems in finding new employment.

More sour grapes from a sore loser, because nobody knows how many news jobs will be created or lost as a consequence of the UK leaving the EU.

In any case according to you, there is going to be a shortage of people to fill jobs after BREXIT, so they shouldn't have any problems in finding new employment.

Not sour grapes at all.

I'm just stating facts and the facts are that every Brexicide leader has admitted that there will be some degree of economic upheaval, usually adding that it will be worth it in the long run.

Here's the thing though. All those Brexicide leaders will not be adversely affected. They have wealth to cushion the impact. The average man on the street is having his job and home volunteered for sacrifice as the UK falls back to WTO rules and spends a couple of decades realigning economically.

Principles won't mean much when people are kicked out of their jobs and their homes are at risk. And there is the problem: this has to work or Brexiciders like you are going to look like prize clowns. Good luck.

Not sour grapes at all.

I'm just stating facts and the facts are that every Brexicide leader has admitted that there will be some degree of economic upheaval, usually adding that it will be worth it in the long run.

Here's the thing though. All those Brexicide leaders will not be adversely affected. They have wealth to cushion the impact. The average man on the street is having his job and home volunteered for sacrifice as the UK falls back to WTO rules and spends a couple of decades realigning economically.

Principles won't mean much when people are kicked out of their jobs and their homes are at risk. And there is the problem: this has to work or Brexiciders like you are going to look like prize clowns. Good luck.

There is no such thing as a Brexicide leader.

Happy New Year! and I hope you will be drinking sweet champagne, rather than anything produced from sour grapes. :)

There is no such thing as a Brexicide leader.

Happy New Year! and I hope you will be drinking sweet champagne, rather than anything produced from sour grapes. :)

Want to actually answer any of his points or just state pointless drivel as always?

Want to actually answer any of his points or just state pointless drivel as always?

You're obviously not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, so I will repost my point.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 11:47 ----------

There you are my point again above.