The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

All this guy has done is tell the UK government what the EU has been telling him,about the length of time possible for trade deals.........the UK government has turned on the messenger and he's had enough.

well technically thats true, but there is also the "official" line that he was due to retire in november anyway so doing it before article 50 does ring true, dont wanna be doing it after its started

i think the nail was hit on the head in his post.....somebody who understands the EU. And possibly somebody who the EU trusts not somebody whos so abrasive towards them they clam shut.

The UK will suddenly be free to make deals with the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure that when Volkswagen find they can no longer sell cars to the UK the EU will suddenly become a lot more flexible in what sort of deal is on the tablle and how quickly it can be reached.

Mel,do you honestly think that someone who is pro eu will get a better deal for us? It would if we had Nigel Farage got the job,imagine that unlikely event.

Please, for the love of god say you're joking. Which EU leaders would take him seriously? None!

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 21:02 ----------

"Wilful and total destruction of EU expertise"

"He didn't exactly hide the fact his heart wasn't in Brexit"

Some of the quotes about the exiting chief EU negotiator from the article= https://www.ft.com/content/88c29514-d1b0-11e6-9341-7393bb2e1b51

If the uk ship is about to sink as some predict then this cowardly remainer jumped the ship without a thought for the passengers.

If he's getting stick from mouth foaming brexiters, I don't blame him? Can you imagine his inbox?

I think they would take him seriously tfh,look what happened when they didn't,but they wouldn't like having to negotiate with him,the most hated man in Brussels.

What happened? A referendum that had nothing to do with EU leaders? Farage then lorded it over his fellow MEPs like a total nob. No wonder trump likes him.

I don't know how you conduct business but I wouldn't do business with clown like farage. Is he thick? No - he's a brilliant manipulator of the masses, but nobody with any sense would deal with him, in fact their first demand would be his removal. I'd prefer bojo, that's how bad it is!

What happened? A referendum that had nothing to do with EU leaders? Farage then lorded it over his fellow MEPs like a total nob. No wonder trump likes him.

I don't know how you conduct business but I wouldn't do business with clown like farage. Is he thick? No - he's a brilliant manipulator of the masses, but nobody with any sense would deal with him, in fact their first demand would be his removal. I'd prefer bojo, that's how bad it is!

Farage is starting to look rattled. Ashen. Unbalanced. His skin is turning grey.

He knows the game is up.

Farage is starting to look rattled. Ashen. Unbalanced. His skin is turning grey.

He knows the game is up.

Very biased post,he looked healthy enough on rt today,slightly tanned and sounded perfectly rational.I think you need to have a good talk to yourself in a mirror,brexit is a fact,for good or bad and you need to accept it.Ad homs,is this what its come down to?

Mel,do you honestly think that someone who is pro eu will get a better deal for us? It would if we had Nigel Farage got the job,imagine that unlikely event.

no, because they will rub the others members up the wrong way and they will become stubborn, negotions work BOTH ways

---------- Post added 03-01-2017 at 22:39 ----------

Very biased post,he looked healthy enough on rt today,slightly tanned and sounded perfectly rational.I think you need to have a good talk to yourself in a mirror,brexit is a fact,for good or bad and you need to accept it.Ad homs,is this what its come down to?

we do accept it, its happening (political suicide not to) still doesnt mean we have to like it, or believe it will actually make us better off

HOWEVER i really do think they wont do a full blown brexit but thats my own personal view

Edited by melthebell

It's my honest opinion that he looks rattled and unwell. That's not an ad hom - seriously if you want them then look at this thread.

He wasn't rational from what I saw on ITV. Just spouted a series of rhetoric-heavy dog whistles, devoid of any meaningful detail. As usual I guess.