The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I don't think leaders of any EU members, who are not net contributors to the EU budget, should be making any public statements about BREXIT. In the case of Malta, they receive more UK tourists than any other country and it makes no common sense for their Prime Minister, to make any comments, which could be interpreted as not in the best interest of a country, which provides a good source of income for them.

That's not answering the question...........you posted that there will be no soft Brexit,I posted a link that said this guy from Malta agreed with that,you then answered by denigrating his comments and brought in money contributed by the UK for some reason.............if you want a hard Brexit and he wants the same,what is your problem with what he said?

Would you?

I wouldn't be put off of going to Malta at the moment, but if they caused problems for the UK, when BREXIT negotiations start, then I would choose a more UK friendly nation for an holiday. Given the history between Malta and the UK, then they should really be supporting the UK regarding BREXIT.

---------- Post added 04-01-2017 at 18:05 ----------

That's not answering the question...........you posted that there will be no soft Brexit,I posted a link that said this guy from Malta agreed with that,you then answered by denigrating his comments and brought in money contributed by the UK for some reason.............if you want a hard Brexit and he wants the same,what is your problem with what he said?

I don't acknowledge made up terms such as soft or hard BREXIT. There is only one BREXIT, which is complete BREXIT. I don't believe the Maltese Prime Minister has the UK's best interest at heart with his comments and have already stated I think he should keep quiet, because Malta do not contribute to the EU budget and should be grateful to the UK for being one of the EU's main budget contributors over the years.

I wouldn't be put off of going to Malta at the moment, but if they caused problems for the UK, when BREXIT negotiations start, then I would choose a more UK friendly nation for an holiday. Given the history between Malta and the UK, then they should really be supporting the UK regarding BREXIT.

---------- Post added 04-01-2017 at 18:05 ----------

I don't acknowledge made up terms such as soft or hard BREXIT. There is only one BREXIT, which is complete BREXIT. I don't believe the Maltese Prime Minister has the UK's best interest at heart with his comments and have already stated I think he should keep quiet, because Malta do not contribute to the EU budget and should be grateful to the UK for being one of the EU's main budget contributors over the years.

No,you can dress it up and move the goalposts all you want,this guy has said he wants exactly the sort of Brexit that you want,no free movement etc,call it what you want,so how come that when he has said it,it's being detrimental to the UK,but when you've said it,it's the best for the UK?..............are you trying to say that if a Brit says something he is right,but if a foreigner says the same,he's wrong?.........What you think about Malta and the EU budget is irrelevent,it's not how the EU works,which is as good a reason as any for the UK to be out of the EU ASAP,they just don't get it...........as your EU ambassador suggested.

No,you can dress it up and move the goalposts all you want,this guy has said he wants exactly the sort of Brexit that you want,no free movement etc,call it what you want,so how come that when he has said it,it's being detrimental to the UK,but when you've said it,it's the best for the UK?..............are you trying to say that if a Brit says something he is right,but if a foreigner says the same,he's wrong?.........What you think about Malta and the EU budget is irrelevent,it's not how the EU works,which is as good a reason as any for the UK to be out of the EU ASAP,they just don't get it...........as your EU ambassador suggested.

I am not the one using made up terms such as soft or hard BREXIT, so I am not the one trying to, or endorsing any movement of the goalposts.

The Maltese Prime Minister hasn't said anything about continued mutual tariff free trading with the UK, which we should be aiming for, without being in the single market.

I don't care how the EU works, because we are leaving the EU. However, it is the big net contributors, who will have the influence during BREXIT negotiations, so therefore there is no point in pretending what the Maltese Prime Minister is saying will affect the outcome of agreements made.

I am not the one using made up terms such as soft or hard BREXIT, so I am not the one trying to, or endorsing any movement of the goalposts.

The Maltese Prime Minister hasn't said anything about continued mutual tariff free trading with the UK, which we should be aiming for, without being in the single market.

I don't care how the EU works, because we are leaving the EU. However, it is the big net contributors, who will have the influence during BREXIT negotiations, so therefore there is no point in pretending what the Maltese Prime Minister is saying will affect the outcome of agreements made.

He can veto it if he sees fit.

You can play with words all you want,but until you can explain why what he is saying is anti UK,when it's the same as what you have said,and that is your wish for the UK,you'll continue to dig yourself into an ever deeper hole...............good luck and say hello to Australia when you break through.

What makes you think that?

I think the main negotiations will take place behind closed doors and Germany will presuade the rest of the EU, to accept what the UK, France and Germany want.

---------- Post added 04-01-2017 at 19:14 ----------

You can play with words all you want,but until you can explain why what he is saying is anti UK,when it's the same as what you have said,and that is your wish for the UK,you'll continue to dig yourself into an ever deeper hole...............good luck and say hello to Australia when you break through.

No worries if you think the Maltese Prime Minister is supporting the UK, but he is on record as saying the UK will not have a better relationship with the EU after we leave the EU. The UK should be seeking continued tariff free trading with the EU and still be free to negotiate our own trade agreements with the rest of the World.

Australia are one of those countries, which the UK will be free to make our own trade arrangements with, when we completely leave the EU.

Edited by Gamston
added