The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

It can negotiate for what it likes, but it's been made clear that anything resembling free market access will require freedom of movement and supremacy of the ECHR and other concessions which will render brexit a costly exercise in futility.

It can negotiate for what it likes, but it's been made clear that anything resembling free market access will require freedom of movement and supremacy of the ECHR and other concessions which will render brexit a costly exercise in futility.

Official negotiations haven't started yet.

What, so you can make predictions based on wishful thinking, but when I repeat the stated positions of various European leaders you'd like to pretend it's not the case?

Smell the coffee, we aren't getting free trade unless we basically stay in the union except without most of the advantages.

What, so you can make predictions based on wishful thinking, but when I repeat the stated positions of various European leaders you'd like to pretend it's not the case?

Smell the coffee, we aren't getting free trade unless we basically stay in the union except without most of the advantages.

I assume you will not be negotiating trade deals for the UK and I am happy, if my assumption is correct.

I assume you will not be negotiating trade deals for the UK and I am happy, if my assumption is correct.

assume all you like, doesnt mean it will be true, but if it does happen like Cyclone says youll be very disappointed :hihi:

Of course neither of us will be negotiating trade deals. Doesn't stop either of us from making predictions, your predictions appear to be based on what you wish to happen, mine are based on the statements made by the nations involved. :huh:

Sounds more like someone threatening to throw his toys out of his pram.

The UK can negotiate for continued tariff free trading, without being a member of the single market. The UK can negotiate to have access to the single market, without being a member of the single market.

No country outside the single market or the customs union has the level of access we do now.

Whether the EU wants to continue to trade with us on those terms very much depends on our approach to trade with the rest of the world. The EU won't want us to be a kind of conduit or trojan horse for unfair trade that could damage EU countries.

More likely we would have to negotiate a limited deal. And that would damage us, and it would most likely protect the key sectors of EU economy that ideally need to continue to trade with us.

As an analogy imagine you run a business and you have one massive customer who you do nearly half your business with, and they do a significant amount of business with you. You do 45% of your business with them. They do 16% of their business with you. Do you pee them off? It doesn't take much imagination to understand where the power lies in that relationship ;)

You will get this soon.

---------- Post added 07-01-2017 at 11:12 ----------

Of course neither of us will be negotiating trade deals. Doesn't stop either of us from making predictions, your predictions appear to be based on what you wish to happen, mine are based on the statements made by the nations involved. :huh:

That is the thing. Remain predictions are based on a known situation. Brexiter's predictions are based on fanstasy, prejudice and even a desire for Eurozone and EU disintegration which would be utterly devastating for the UK whether or not we are in it.

It's like some kind of bizarre economy death cult.

As an analogy imagine you run a business and you have one massive customer who you do nearly half your business with, and they do a significant amount of business with you. You do 45% of your business with them. They do 16% of their business with you. Do you pee them off? It doesn't take much imagination to understand where the power lies in that relationship ;)

You will get this soon.

funnily enough, yesterday morning that exact thing happened, we got told a massive customer has cut their dealings with us so 19 people are getting made redundent (out of 45) theres 99% chance im one of them, got a meeting on Monday :(

No country outside the single market or the customs union has the level of access we do now.

Whether the EU wants to continue to trade with us on those terms very much depends on our approach to trade with the rest of the world. The EU won't want us to be a kind of conduit or trojan horse for unfair trade that could damage EU countries.

More likely we would have to negotiate a limited deal. And that would damage us, and it would most likely protect the key sectors of EU economy that ideally need to continue to trade with us.

You will get this soon

The UK leaving the EU is an unprecedented event and unprecedented agreements can be negotiated for mutual benefits. The EU exports more goods to the UK, so it is in the EU's interest to continue tariff free trading. A tariff free trade agreement could include the UK still mirroring arrangements the EU have with America, China and Japan, but leave the UK free to negotiate their own trade agreements with the rest of the World.

You don't get that we are in unprecedented times and Global trade is changing.