The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The UK leaving the EU is an unprecedented event and unprecedented agreements can be negotiated for mutual benefits. The EU exports more goods to the UK, so it is in the EU's interest to continue tariff free trading. A tariff free trade agreement could include the UK still mirroring arrangements the EU have with America, China and Japan, but leave the UK free to negotiate their own trade agreements with the rest of the World.

You don't get that we are in unprecedented times and Global trade is changing.

There is no 'rest of the world' apart from pariah states.

What are these other countries you are thinking about? Just what are we being held back from.

Multiple EU members have said that there is NO WAY we are having free market access without free movement and ECHR supremacy. What part of that don't you understand?

you mean ECJ supremacy not ECHR

though the point is moot, since any free trade deal we make with the EU is likely to include accepting the jurisdiction of the ECJ in the event of a dispute.

---------- Post added 07-01-2017 at 15:12 ----------

One thing for sure, is the UK wouldn't get a good trade deal, if it was up to the Sheffield Forum remain moaners to negotiate.

on the contrary, we understand our and other's position perfectly

we would be able to negotiate a superb deal

on a side note, somebody who already runs a very large company AND already sells things to the EU, completely contradicts all Gamstons points.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38540813

"There are barriers to entry without the single market, there are tariffs," said Sir Andrew, who chairs William Cook, his family's firm which makes components for the rail, energy and defence industries.

"One of my factories has 200 people employed making engineering parts that go to France, Germany and Italy," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

'Sleepwalk to disaster'

"Were it not for the single market I would not be trading with these people," he said.

Sir Andrew said the lack of a domestic manufacturing industry made exports vital "to reduce the chronic and dangerous balance of payments deficit that this country suffers from".

But Sir Andrew, 67, whose firm was set up by his great-great-grandfather William in 1840 and is now one of the UK's biggest steel and engineering groups, said: "There is a desire by my competitors in mainland Europe to exclude me from the market."

He told The Times that the country could "sleepwalk to disaster" if it lost access to the EU's single market.

He told the newspaper on Saturday that the "economic arguments of staying in the single market are overwhelming" and it would be a "catastrophe" if the country left.

he also states there STILL IS a need for EU workers

Sir Andrew, whose firm employs 600 people, said businesses like his rely on EU workers to fill jobs he says Britons do not want.

"EU citizens, with skills, [are] coming here to fill jobs that British people are either unable to do or don't want to do," he told Today.

on a side note, somebody who already runs a very large company AND already sells things to the EU, completely contradicts all Gamstons points.

Quote:

"There are barriers to entry without the single market, there are tariffs," said Sir Andrew, who chairs William Cook, his family's firm which makes components for the rail, energy and defence industries.

"One of my factories has 200 people employed making engineering parts that go to France, Germany and Italy," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

Quote:

'Sleepwalk to disaster'

"Were it not for the single market I would not be trading with these people," he said.

Sir Andrew said the lack of a domestic manufacturing industry made exports vital "to reduce the chronic and dangerous balance of payments deficit that this country suffers from".

Quote:

But Sir Andrew, 67, whose firm was set up by his great-great-grandfather William in 1840 and is now one of the UK's biggest steel and engineering groups, said: "There is a desire by my competitors in mainland Europe to exclude me from the market."

He told The Times that the country could "sleepwalk to disaster" if it lost access to the EU's single market.

He told the newspaper on Saturday that the "economic arguments of staying in the single market are overwhelming" and it would be a "catastrophe" if the country left.

Quote:

Sir Andrew, whose firm employs 600 people, said businesses like his rely on EU workers to fill jobs he says Britons do not want.

"EU citizens, with skills, [are] coming here to fill jobs that British people are either unable to do or don't want to do," he told Today.

stop falling for that old chestnut mel:hihi:

All those issues were discussed and debated before the EU referendum, but the democratic electorate still voted to leave the EU. Just because there will be no freedom of movement, doesn't mean future work permits will not be granted to EU citizens. Tariffs will affect EU businesses as well as UK businesses, so it is in both parties interest to continue tariff free trading.

---------- Post added 07-01-2017 at 19:23 ----------

id rather believe somebody who works in it, and has done for decades than you lot

It's no surprise he doesn't want anything to change, but the democratic people of the UK, voted for change and the Government have a duty to honour the electorate's wishes.

Hopefully a good trade agreement will be negotiated and the gentleman's business will continue to do well.

Edited by Gamston
added

All those issues were discussed and debated before the EU referendum, but the democratic electorate still voted to leave the EU. Just because there will be no freedom of movement, doesn't mean future work permits will not be granted to EU citizens. Tariffs will affect EU businesses as well as UK businesses, so it is in both parties interest to continue tariff free trading.

It's no surprise he doesn't want anything to change, but the democratic people of the UK, voted for change and the Government have a duty to honour the electorate's wishes.

Hopefully a good trade agreement will be negotiated and the gentleman's business will continue to do well.

I have never doubted the democratic will of the people hasnt been done, my post never put that in doubt. My point being an expert on the matter says we will go down the pan thanks to it, like i said id rather believe somebody whos experienced in that side of than you lot who are living in some fantasy land. Plus you dont actually put any ideas across how it will work, just spout out the same tired crap we also heard before, through the ref and since

Edited by melthebell

You don't want what he wants (single market access) so he's knackered. Well, he's fine but his employees are knackered.