The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Do tell us what plans the remoaners have when their beloved EU falls apart.

See you're still doing it :P

The EU falling apart is just another Brexiter fantasy, presented as inevitable when it is nothing of the sort. It is at risk for sure but that risk is massively overblown by Brexiters.

The ridiculous thing though is if it were to happen then Brexit Britain will need a plan too. Leaving the EU doesn't protect us from risk. But....Oh....I forgot you don't do planning. :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-01-2017 at 18:40 ----------

She's just as muddled as ever. In fact it's seriously starting to look like she is way out of her depth. A little over 8 weeks and she will trigger A50.

See you're still doing it :P

The EU falling apart is just another Brexiter fantasy, presented as inevitable when it is nothing of the sort. It is at risk for sure but that risk is massively overblown by Brexiters.

The ridiculous thing though is if it were to happen then Brexit Britain will need a plan too. Leaving the EU doesn't protect us from risk. But....Oh....I forgot you don't do planning. :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-01-2017 at 18:40 ----------

She's just as muddled as ever. In fact it's seriously starting to look like she is way out of her depth. A little over 8 weeks and she will trigger A50.

So everything is hunky dory in the EU? you must live in a different dimension.

No idea why you keep on with this line,you might as well say that after a General Election,anybody who didn't vote for the democratically elected government should shut up and never question what they do,including opposition MP's presumably,because they are doing the country down.

We have a general election every five years and most people hope, whoever wins the election, does a good job for our country, regardless of who they voted for. If people are not happy with the performance of the Government during its tenure, then they can vote for an alternative at the next General election.

The referendum was a once in a generation event and every vote counted, in determining the long term future of the UK. All the issues currently being discussed were debated before the referendum and arguments made for and against which path for our country to take. The Remain voters should now accept that Leave won the referendum, forget about futile attempts for the UK not to fully leave the EU and hope the future for the UK is good, despite not having their wish to stay in the EU granted.

We have a general election every five years and most people hope, whoever wins the election, does a good job for our country, regardless of who they voted for. If people are not happy with the performance of the Government during its tenure, then they can vote for an alternative at the next General election.

The referendum was a once in a generation event and every vote counted, in determining the long term future of the UK. All the issues currently being discussed were debated before the referendum and arguments made for and against which path for our country to take. The Remain voters should now accept that Leave won the referendum, forget about futile attempts for the UK not to fully leave the EU and hope the future for the UK is good, despite not having their wish to stay in the EU granted.

NO!

If you believe that something s worth fighting for, you should fight for it. And I believe a secure economic future for my family is worth fighting for and I do not believe Brexit will give us that.

Do you imagine that those who lost in the 70s just said - "oh we have lost, let's not try to get another referendum" - if they had, we wouldn't have had last year's one.

So YOU get over it!

So everything is hunky dory in the EU? you must live in a different dimension.

No but the EU is not going to fall apart, but that has nothing to do with Brexit.

You decide to leave, than leave, it's your choice.

I think you will find that when article 50 is triggerred the cloves come off.

They have published the names of the main negotiators and one name stands out Guy Verhofstead, the man Farage insulted all the time. I think there will be some pay back.

Another goalpost moving attempt,not going to work,the principle still applies,it doesn't matter what kind of vote it is,some people get what they want and others don't,it doesn't matter about the timescale of a vote lasting either,the point is that people who did not want the government that got elected still continue to comment/moan/snipe,call it whatever you want,against that government,and continue to do so until the next chance to vote comes along.........are these people doing the country down,including opposition MP's?...............because,that is what you are saying about people commenting against what happened in the Brexit vote,and it's also trying to stifle free speech,which is what happens in tin pot banana republics,not in Western European society.

NO!

If you believe that something s worth fighting for, you should fight for it. And I believe a secure economic future for my family is worth fighting for and I do not believe Brexit will give us that.

Do you imagine that those who lost in the 70s just said - "oh we have lost, let's not try to get another referendum" - if they had, we wouldn't have had last year's one.

So YOU get over it!

People in the 70's accepted the result and hoped for a better future for the UK by staying in the EEC. Discontent for the EU began after people saw the negatives from over bureaucracy such as wine lakes, butter mountains and perfectly good fish being thrown back in the sea. The discontent with the EU grew, once it became clear that the EU had turned in to a political union rather than an organisation to promote trade.

Supporters have had years to fight for the EU, such as during the 2014 EU Elections, but stayed at home and didn't vote for the pro EU parties. If there had been more fight for the EU in 2014, then UKIP wouldn't have been the largest UK party in the EU parliament and there wouldn't have been a referendum. People had chance to fight for EU during the referendum campaign, but they failed to convince the majority the EU was worth remaining in.

The fight is over and the Remainers have lost. To the victor belongs the spoils.