The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Unbeliever - If you examined my reply you would see that I was responding to Brexit insults. Which basically said if Remainers didn't like it they can get out of the country, (whether they are immigrants or not).

I was careful not to lump all Brexiters into the same category.

I did not say their votes didn't count.

There are stupid people in all walks of life.

The is a difference between opinions and facts and it is often difficult to realise where one becomes the other. It is an opinion, for me, that "Full European integration was most certainly being attempted". Remember , imo, after 400 years England is not fully integrated with Scotland.

In that case I apologise for being so harsh. The abuse you endured is out of order. Had I been following the thread more closely I might well have said so at the time.

So,as the pound falls further after what May said yesterday,we know that the UK will be out of the Single Market and that immigration control will be the red line when negotiations start.Whatever concessions they can get from the EU after holding this line,we know they will go for,as per the 'have cake and eat it' line,even considering paying the EU for access after stopping paying them contributions,so immigration overrides everything in Brexit,and any negative consequence of this line is a price worth paying,whatever the cost.

People, and the markets, were hoping that there would still be hope of a free trade deal, or a second referendum and the UK remaining inside the EU.

People, and the markets, were hoping that there would still be hope of a free trade deal, or a second referendum and the UK remaining inside the EU.

There is still hope of a free trade deal. There is only, no hope for people, who still want freedom of movement. The debate about freedom of movement should have ended on 24th June 2016.

What point are you making ?

That a post I made earlier can be ignored,because I misinterpreted what somebody said,sorry about that everybody.:hihi:

About what the Irish stance is on Brexit,I think it speaks for itself.

Edited by chalga

About what the Irish stance is on Brexit,I think it speaks for itself.
Unsurprising, particularly considering the immigration and border headaches (and attendant costs) which they'd face as a result of the UK closing down EU immigration: they'd have to re-implement and staff a physical border to the north, and segregate EU travellers from Irish and UK travellers in all ports and airports (-if they keep the CTA alive: they might prefer the French proposed approach to the Le Touquet Agreement and bin it, as UK travellers can then be considered the same as all other non-EU travellers and accommodated in existing checks and systems).

That's just looking at pragmatics, not the longer-term political ramifications upon the Good Friday Agreement and the short- to long-term economics.

There is still hope of a free trade deal. There is only, no hope for people, who still want freedom of movement. The debate about freedom of movement should have ended on 24th June 2016.

I still have hope that the restrictions on people working in the UK from the EU and vice-versa will be minimal and the legal compliance burden likewise.

A vote to leave the EU wasn't a vote for an end to free movement. You might have voted for that, but that wasn't the driving force behind most (or even the majority) of votes.

And I guess you can always say that there is hope for something. But when the chance is so slim, you should well base your planning on what is likely to happen, rather than what you wish might happen.

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 16:46 ----------

That is what is going to happen. Dishonest people, who seek to cheat the electorate out of their wishes, will play no part in the subsequent process, once Article 50 is triggered.

If you want to remain part of the EU, then your best bet, is to start your own negotiations, for a new life in a EU country. You have a choice of 27 and I wish you good luck.

Entirely typical of a brexit voter unfortunately.

The way you talk about it you'd think you'd won by a landslide instead of a scraping in on a campaign of lies and the votes of the mislead.

I still have hope that the restrictions on people working in the UK from the EU and vice-versa will be minimal and the legal compliance burden likewise.

There is nothing stopping agreements being made, to give mutual preference for the criteria met for EU and UK citizens, when granting future work permits

The end of free movement, doesn't mean the end of EU citizens working in the UK.

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 17:34 ----------

A vote to leave the EU wasn't a vote for an end to free movement. You might have voted for that, but that wasn't the driving force behind most (or even the majority) of votes.

And I guess you can always say that there is hope for something. But when the chance is so slim, you should well base your planning on what is likely to happen, rather than what you wish might happen.

---------- Post added 09-01-2017 at 16:46 ----------

Entirely typical of a brexit voter unfortunately.

The way you talk about it you'd think you'd won by a landslide instead of a scraping in on a campaign of lies and the votes of the mislead.

It's irrelevant about the margin of victory. The Leave won and they rightly should have the victory spoils, including the end of free movement.