The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

He has made money available and to help stimulate the economy and used QE. That is exactly what he has done before the referendum and by all accounts it didn't work so its nothing new.

I tend to agree, but that is what the main parties do.

What you forget is that this is a forum and anybody can respond.
Do I? How so?

The trouble is I have done some research especially into those articles that as you say were for Cyclone and I cannot see anywhere in them exactly what Carney has done that has been effective.
Have you now?

There is a lot of talk but not much substance. He has made money available and to help stimulate the economy and used QE. That is exactly what he has done before the referendum and by all accounts it didn't work so its nothing new.
So, presumably, you didn't come across-
  • Carney's manhandling the MPC in August about their interest rate vote? (into lowering it, rather than letting them either keep it same or increase it...do I need to explain the <positive> monetary and economical consequences as well?)
  • Carney's creation of a new international director for the BoE and the appointment of James Talbot in the job in October or November to prepare the BoE for a post-Brexit/-trump anti-globalist change long-term?
  • Carney's ongoing support-mustering within the UK banking industry for a transitional deal with the EU-27 that would allow UK-based financial firms to keep operating under the existing trading arrangements until 2021 at least?
  • <...>

Nah. Apparently, "just QE like before". Some research there, sport.

The trouble is I have done some research
The trouble is that you can't do objectivity: like so many other pro-Brexiters, sod the facts, let's just take a pop at the messenger because he may not be onside.

Which is exactly why such threads just end up going round into ever more vacuous circles.

There you go, fishing successful, you got your explanation in the end. Feel free to respond however you see fit.

Edited by L00b

Do I? How so?

Have you now?

So, presumably, you didn't come across-

• Carney's manhandling the MPC in August about their interest rate vote? (into lowering it, rather than letting them either keep it same or increase it...do I need to explain the <positive> monetary and economical consequences as well?)
  • Carney's creation of a new international director for the BoE and the appointment of James Talbot in the job in October or November to prepare the BoE for a post-Brexit/-trump anti-globalist change long-term?
  • Carney's ongoing support-mustering within the UK banking industry for a transitional deal with the EU-27 that would allow UK-based financial firms to keep operating under the existing trading arrangements until 2021 at least?
  • <...>

Nah. Apparently, "just QE like before". Some research there, sport.

The trouble is that you can't do objectivity: like so many other pro-Brexiters, sod the facts, let's just take a pop at the messenger because he may not be onside.

Which is exactly why such threads just end up going round into ever more vacuous circles.

There you go, fishing successful, you got your explanation in the end. Feel free to respond however you see fit.

The salient point about Carney's intervention was the clear signal that the bank would step in to shore up the financial sector.

So there you have it. The banks are backstopped by the taxpayer and the risks from Brexit are institutionally minimised for them.

This certainty is baked into the markets and Brexiters should be eternally grateful for it rather than dismissive for it has made Brexit a possibility.

IMF upgrades forecast for UK growth in 2017 from 1.1% to 1.5%. Expects UK growth in 2016 to be 2%, up from 1.8%.

What happened to the remainers' economic cataclysm?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/16/imf-makes-u-turn-britains-economic-prospects-brexit-fears-prove/

Edited by unbeliever

IMF upgrades forecast for UK growth in 2017 from 1.1% to 1.5%. Expects UK growth in 2016 to be 2%, up from 1.8%.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/16/imf-makes-u-turn-britains-economic-prospects-brexit-fears-prove/

1.5% is almost a boom......

as i posted earlier, we haven't left yet, the collapse in the value of sterling has made exporting easier, the effect on imported goods hasn't really arrived yet and people have borrowed loads.

personal debt is a worry because as inflation rises, interest rates will eventually have to rise as well which at a time when wage growth is likely to be subdued and the staples of life are rising in price doesn't really bode well.

though on the other hand, Donald and his chums Nigel and Michael will be coming to shower us with gold.

we haveny left yet? :suspect:

Ah yes...........Economic experts :thumbsup:

I don't depend on their predictions to make my case. The remain side always has. And now you don't even have that. What's left?

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 20:28 ----------

we haveny left yet? :suspect:

How is that relevant?

I don't depend on their predictions to make my case. The remain side always has. And now you don't even have that. What's left?

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 20:28 ----------

How is that relevant?

it's relevent in that we aren't exposed to the consequences of our exit