The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The UK government is far more likely to enact law and policy to endear themselves to such UK citizens when they truly control UK law and policy.

Provided they continue to vote.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 15:38 ----------

Yes. A tory government is going to do LOADS to help die-hard labour constiuencies. Theyve a long history of it, it was only those dastardly foreign types stopping them.

I know the NHS is stretched but I'd urge a CAT scan.

Yes. A tory government is going to do LOADS to help die-hard labour constiuencies. Theyve a long history of it, it was only those dastardly foreign types stopping them.

I know the NHS is stretched but I'd urge a CAT scan.

There's no such thing as a die-hard Labour constituency any more.

For almost a year now I have been making a case for Brexit based on sovereignty and democratic accountability. I like foreign people.

Except the UK government cannot improve on economy on it's own, and that is the crux of any vote...will you make me better off than the other guy(other guy as in other political party). Let's not beat about the bush, for the vast majority of people that's how we vote. Our definition of 'better off' may vary but it's still there, and nearly all economists reckon that Brexit will utterly balls our economy. No amount of hard-line immigration policies are going to make up for a potential massive cut in peoples living standards.

That's not a problem,the 'democratic people' voted to put immigration above and beyond everything else,it means that any price that it costs is a price worth paying,the government now has a duty to carry out the peoples decision and hand any arising costs to the people,plus,everybody is their own expert,economists and experts can say what they want,if most people don't agree,they are wasting their breath.

That's not a problem,the 'democratic people' voted to put immigration above and beyond everything else,it means that any price that it costs is a price worth paying,the government now has a duty to carry out the peoples decision and hand any arising costs to the people,plus,everybody is their own expert,economists and experts can say what they want,if most people don't agree,they are wasting their breath.

You just described democracy.

Pure technocracy is certain to by tyrannical. We need democracy to keep it in check.

There's no such thing as a die-hard Labour constituency any more.

For almost a year now I have been making a case for Brexit based on sovereignty and democratic accountability. I like foreign people.

Where have you been making this case?

On here?

I have got news for you, no one except you people know about this site, so you have gone unheard.

I only stumbled across it by accident when looking for something else.

Big fish and little ponds springs to mind. :)

Where have you been making this case?

On here?

I have got news for you, no one except you people know about this site, so you have gone unheard.

I only stumbled across it by accident when looking for something else.

Big fish and little ponds springs to mind. :)

I'm not a big fish here. I'm a voice in a choir. And happy to be so.

I merely state that I am on the record making a case for Brexit not in any way based on xenophobia or immigration.

You just described democracy.

Pure technocracy is certain to by tyrannical. We need democracy to keep it in check.

Right,can't wait while the business lobbyists get to work on the Parliament and Lords members when the deal is done and the vote is about to be taken,especially if it doesn't suit them,would that be democracy?

Right,can't wait while the business lobbyists get to work on the Parliament and Lords members when the deal is done and the vote is about to be taken,especially if it doesn't suit them,would that be democracy?

Can you just state whether you are against democracy before we continue.