The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Brexit being economically neutral.

The only evidence from the remain side that it was to be negative came from economic experts such as the BoE, the Treasury and the IMF. They have now recanted. Therefore there is no case to answer.

Or exactly as our direct neighbour, the Republic of Ireland, has done for decades:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation_tax_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Se.C3.A1n_Lemass_and_after

Go on. Suggest that there's something wrong with being like the Irish, try to smear us by crude association now. I dare you.

I am Irish. bejasus.

Just to add to the interesting points raised. You know the parliamentary vote at the end of the negotiations is accept the deal or leave under WTO rules, there will be no going back for a renegotiation. So it's leave with the negotiated settlement or leave with a proper hard Brexit..

They may as well just get on with it now, as quickly as possible.

The damage is done, and the rift is too wide now to repair.

Thinking about it, we English, no matter where we go, anywhere in the world, are square pegs in round holes.

We always demand that people change to suit us, and our requirements.

The average brit is well known as a whinging, self indulgent slob. (myself excluded from this)

This is why some people don't like it when people come to England and start demanding that we change to suit them.

Europe is well shot of Britain I think.

They can now look on as we get poorer and poorer, but never mind

You have your sovereignty at least.

Just to add to the interesting points raised. You know the parliamentary vote at the end of the negotiations is accept the deal or leave under WTO rules, there will be no going back for a renegotiation. So it's leave with the negotiated settlement or leave with a proper hard Brexit..

They are my understandings of the situation. MPs would not be voting in the UK's interest, if they voted against any negotiations agreed unless the negotiations were less favourable than WTO rules.

It is worth remembering that Trump will have enjoyed about 2 years in the Oval Office, by the time the UK and the US can get down to brass tacks (horizon April 2019)...

...if we're all still here, and not reduced to little piles of luminescent ash or counting pines in Northern Siberia :D

assuming we, and he, gets that far, then it will be around the time of the us mid-term elections, which may or may not result in a congress of a different political flavour

Don't you love democracy...

"Pressed on what would happen if MPs or peers rejected any deal, Mrs May replied: "Either way, we will very clearly be leaving the EU.""

She is clearly a traitor and a cheat.

Why a traitor? She is carrying out the result of a democratic referendum, leave won by a majority however small. We live in a democracy or is it just a democracy when the vote goes your way. Should at the next election a party be elected that took us back in to the EU, no doubt under terrible terms, then again that would be democracy in action. As we live in a democracy I will defend your right to express your views even though I may not agree with them and I would hope you would offer the same to people who voted to leave.

Will all those who have said the government had no plan for leaving the EU now appreciate there was a lot of scaremongering and sensational reporting which helped no one.

possibly, but it's not much of a plan

tbh, apart from the stupid threat, it's pretty much along the lines of what me and the other remainers have been saying

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 20:07 ----------

Indeed as, whenever the simple-minded rethoric spouters can stay quiet for a minute or two, there's some real-life headaches and hard thinking to get to grips with.

And by the sounds of her speech, it doesn't look like many in Westminster have been considering them much so far. It's a comprehensive tick-list of vapourware which sounds nice on delivery, I'll give her that :)

indeed, there are far more important things than the single market