The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Am I the only person that has trust in our Prime Minister obtaining the best deals for our country ?

I believe that May is going to genuinely try to get a deal that she feels is in the best interests of the country, however I'm not sure if she will be able to actually obtain it.

They are my understandings of the situation. MPs would not be voting in the UK's interest, if they voted against any negotiations agreed unless the negotiations were less favourable than WTO rules.

Well the ludicrous brexit promise that we could have access to the free market without the other EU rules is now obviously just another lie.

So we're left with a hard brexit, that even most of the duped brexit voters didn't want.

I hope you're happy, as you watch the £ crash, as we lose reserve currency state, as our economy slowly starts to collapse.

But the promised to reduce immigration to below 100,000 - in 2010 and again in the 2015 election, slowly slowly, net immigration is going UP

the problem is that this number was just one off the top of cameron's head and has no bearing to how much immigration we really need or the different sorts of immigrants

No, I think there's a minority of hard brexit wishes who are cheering her on.

The remaining 80% (by my personal estimate) are horrified at what is happening.

Why on earth should any reasonable person, be horrified by our Prime Minister carrying out the democratic wishes of the electorate ?

Am I the only person that has trust in our Prime Minister obtaining the best deals for our country ?

No, but don't expect the whole country to get behind her madcap schemes.

We all know May can talk tough......for a while.......and then utterly and completely cave in. She's done it several times already in her short career at the top.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 21:51 ----------

It said leave the EU on the ballot paper :loopy:

A country can be outside the EU and still be in the single market.

I think she is the best person for the job and will get the best deal she can. I took note of what everybody said including the fact that Cameron, clegg, governor of Bank of England etc all said that an out vote would mean we were out of the tariff free market. I still voted out and every person I know who voted out still stands by their choice and has no " buyers regret".

I think even the people who voted in now just want to get on with it as there is no going back so let's see what the end deal is, parliament can then vote on it and ratify or we come out on WTO rules.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 21:56 ----------

No, but don't expect the whole country to get behind her madcap schemes.

We all know May can talk tough......for a while.......and then utterly and completely cave in. She's done it several times already in her short career at the top.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 21:51 ----------

A country can be outside the EU and still be in the single market.

You can only be in the single market by accepting the four freedoms, we would be out but still in with no say in the making of the rules. We did not vote for that otherwise we would have voted to stay in and everything would be rosy. We voted out and that means we leave with a deal we can live with or we leave under WTO rules. If the electorate think the end deal is kack then they can vote in a eu loving party at the next election, liberals lol, and go back into the Eu.

Edited by panzer1

Well the ludicrous brexit promise that we could have access to the free market without the other EU rules is now obviously just another lie.

So we're left with a hard brexit, that even most of the duped brexit voters didn't want.

I hope you're happy, as you watch the £ crash, as we lose reserve currency state, as our economy slowly starts to collapse.

it's more of a firm brexit.

by rejecting at least one of the four freedoms continued membership of the single market was never on the table but that could be mitigated with a reasonable trade deal.

the biggest risk to the economy is leaving the customs union since that pretty much kills our involvement in any pan-eu supply chains, if we can negotiate a new one which maintains these supply chains while at the same time allowing us to make new trade deals then that wouldn't be such a bad outcome. Though it will be very tricky to negotiate and might fall foul of the WTO rules on this sort of thing.

the things she didn't talk about might also make us come unstuck, the non-trade things like the erasmus and horizon2020 programs, medicine regulatory framework and common air zone, leaving any or all of those will eventually cause problems.

we're also assuming we can negotiate and maintain some sort of mutual recognition of regulation deal for financial services,