The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I thought that May's speech yesterday was near-perfect. Brexit definitely does mean Brexit, as she has been saying for the last six months. Implicit in what she said was that the UK has very strong cards to play in the forthcoming negotiations. The clean break envisaged from the SEM will mean that there will be no need for haggling with the likes of pipsqueak politicians such as Verhofstadt over partial membership, in return for exorbitant fees. So they will have to look elsewhere to fill the gap to be left by the UK's net budgetary contributions.

I thought that May's speech yesterday was near-perfect. Brexit definitely does mean Brexit, as she has been saying for the last six months. Implicit in what she said was that the UK has very strong cards to play in the forthcoming negotiations. The clean break envisaged from the SEM will mean that there will be no need for haggling with the likes of pipsqueak politicians such as Verhofstadt over partial membership, in return for exorbitant fees. So they will have to look elsewhere to fill the gap to be left by the UK's net budgetary contributions.

And then you woke up.

I swear that some leave voters must live in a parallel universe.

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 11:29 ----------

I respect that position enormously. If remain had made that pitch they'd have been in with a fighting chance for even my vote.

It's the pretence that this was not where we were heading which riles me.

So you voted to destroy our economy and future because you think that there was some unspoken agenda (with no proof I assume) and were 'riled'... Good one, entirely proportionate reaction. Perhaps the next time your carpet needs vacuuming you can burn down your house, that'll solve it.

I swear that some leave voters must live in a parallel universe.

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 11:29 ----------

So you voted to destroy our economy and future because you think that there was some unspoken agenda (with no proof I assume) and were 'riled'... Good one, entirely proportionate reaction. Perhaps the next time your carpet needs vacuuming you can burn down your house, that'll solve it.

That's funny.

This unspoken agenda is nothing of the kind. It's spoken of openly. I'm at a loss as to why anybody denies it.

Some remain supporters are quite open about it and indeed favour it. There's no confusion and this is not a conspiracy theory. This is exactly the reality.

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 11:54 ----------

We did?

Wheres the NHS's 350 million a week then? That was very obvious to all with open or even half open eyes.

For now the EU is still taking it's contribution.

If you recall I was very critical of this £350m/week claim at the time. It's not related to the question of single market membership though which is what we were discussing and is the context of my comment to which you replied.

Edited by unbeliever

Individuals being in favour of something doesn't make it an official policy.

---------- Post added 18-01-2017 at 11:55 ----------

We did?

Wheres the NHS's 350 million a week then? That was very obvious to all with open or even half open eyes.

Eyes open, apart from the entire fabric of lies that most leave voters believed.

But other than all the lies and mistruths and broken promises, apart from those, eyes totally open. :rolleyes:

Individuals being in favour of something doesn't make it an official policy.

Depends how many and what positions they hold.

If they're a majority on the council, the commission and the parliament it kind of does.

You were very emphatic earlier that we voted on the presumption that we would remain members of the single market. I challenged this. Now you have moved onto other matters without responding. Have you now withdrawn your claim on the single market?

Edited by unbeliever

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

Knock yourself out.

Do you have a poor memory or something? Would you like me to prove that the sky is blue above the clouds? Why are you wasting anyones time asking us to prove things that we all know are true?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

Knock yourself out.

Do you have a poor memory or something? Would you like me to prove that the sky is blue above the clouds? Why are you wasting anyones time asking us to prove things that we all know are true?

That video is itself a lie, one of many by your side, and has been exposed as such by the BBC:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/watch-james-mcgrorys-car-crash-interview-sunday-politics/

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't know it was a lie when you repeated it.

I would ask, now that you have the evidence in front of you, that you refrain from repeating it again.

Furthermore Farage was not part of the official leave campaign.

And he was referring to temporary continued membership of the single market as a transitional arrangement.

And it dates back to years before the referendum campaign.

You could not be more wrong on this.

We were always going to leave the single market, both campaigns were explicit about this.

Edited by unbeliever