The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Our electoral system has been compared to that of the Republic of Zimbabwe ;)

It would look like that to the Rest Of the World, if sore losers got their way and the UK didn't completely leave the EU.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 18:01 ----------

Do you really not understand the difference between an advisory referenda, and a binding election?

No worries, if you miss the point I was making.

Parliament could not promulgate an Act prorogating the EU citizenship of UK citizens from 01 April 2019 12:02 AM, no more than it could promulgate an Act conferring US citizenship for UK citizens.

Might I remind you that the scope for these extensions lies outside Parliament's sovereignty: Parliament cannot extend the Article 50 2-year term unilaterally.

Under UK law, however, Parliament- with Royal Assent- has unfettered jurisdiction. You're right, however, that Article 50 cannot be amended here simply because its provisions arose externally.

In any case, however, EU rules of all types bind the UK and British subjects only because UK law says so.

It would look like that to the Rest Of the World, if sore losers got their way and the UK didn't completely leave the EU.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 18:01 ----------

No worries, if you miss the point I was making.

Are you going to answer the question or just duck and dive like a weasel?

And I remember Farage saying if it is 52-48 than it's not over by a long shot...

Yes, Farage would have been a sore loser, there is no doubt about that. However, I believe most Leave voters, would have accepted the result, if it had gone the other way. I don't think anyone would be saying the referendum result was only advisory.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 19:45 ----------

Are you going to answer the question or just duck and dive like a weasel?

Were you being serious with the question ? A weasel is a good word to describe President Jammeh. :suspect: