The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

nope. We don't know. It's all best guess. Not everybody on your side recognises that.

Or on yours...

---------- Post added 22-01-2017 at 18:13 ----------

How much of this trade do you realistically expect to lose in the "worst" (WTO MFN) case?

Quite a lot, although it would help our balance of trade with Europe as many of the overseas nations use us as a gateway to Europe and basically pass though the UK. With us out of the EU, and with no preferential treatment, they will go direct.

Hi

Going through the posts I have not noticed or missed what people want from Brexit personally I would to have a Norway type agreement with free trade with Europe

Norways centre-right coalition governed from 1989 to November 1990 when it collapsed over the issue of Norwegian membership in the European Economic Area.

So it is fraught with problems, an early election in the UK can never be ruled out.

Norways centre-right coalition governed from 1989 to November 1990 when it collapsed over the issue of Norwegian membership in the European Economic Area.

So it is fraught with problems, an early election in the UK can never be ruled out.

No point. The Conservatives would walk it.

There is finally peace in the Conservative party over the European issue. Such is Cameroms legacy. The Labour party are screwed for the foreseeable.

Given the strength of feeling against the brexit result I suspect that any party with a manifesto to not leave would give the conservatives a kicking in an election.

There is just the Liberal Democrats at the moment, because they have a firm policy and the are no other parties with this line; they have done really well at the last 3 byelections.

If we get to 2020 without major problems, that support could decline. If the economy goes into reverse, they will say I told you so.

Given the strength of feeling against the brexit result I suspect that any party with a manifesto to not leave would give the conservatives a kicking in an election.

What. No. Not even a little. What universe? Just no. Look at the polls. Or just out the window.

I think that's very optimistic, but if you think the the lib dems are going ride to a general election victory (as they're the only proper pro eu party around) or forge a coalition with the snp, now is the time to make the bet - remember Leicester! Libdems are 33-1 to win the most seats, UKIP are on 25-1.