The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

i think people just want it over, though when the realisation dawns that a terrible mistake has been made then maybe they will yearn for a second referendum.

i think people just want it over, though when the realisation dawns that a terrible mistake has been made then maybe they will yearn for a second referendum.

You can't really believe this rhetoric.

What about all the countries outside the EU doing fine?

Project fear failed in large part because it was so extreme that almost nobody though it plausible.

You can't really believe this rhetoric.

What about all the countries outside the EU doing fine?

by and large they haven't spent the last 40 years intermingling their economies with the EU though

Project fear failed in large part because it was so extreme that almost nobody though it plausible.

well, i rather hope that it doesn't happen, but at the minute it seems we have choice between

a) american client state

or

b) zero rights tax haven for the wealthy

neither are particularly appealing

by and large they haven't spent the last 40 years intermingling their economies with the EU though

well, i rather hope that it doesn't happen, but at the minute it seems we have choice between

a) american client state

or

b) zero rights tax haven for the wealthy

neither are particularly appealing

We shall be an independent but outward looking sovereign nation. No more and no less. You will be pleasently surprised.

Yes indeed; the uncertainty is not good for the economy.

At least some of the uncertainty is being generated by hard core remainers, who will it seems to everything they can to prevent a clean Brexit, a situation compounded by the ideologues and hard liners in the EU, who will also put as many obstacles as they can along the way to the exit door. A war on two fronts is never easy, but May's speech last Tuesday indicated that she is up for the fight.

At least some of the uncertainty is being generated by hard core remainers, who will it seems to everything they can to prevent a clean Brexit, a situation compounded by the ideologues and hard liners in the EU, who will also put as many obstacles as they can along the way to the exit door. A war on two fronts is never easy, but May's speech last Tuesday indicated that she is up for the fight.

No,the EU and the UK have always been in agreement,no cherry picking and out means out,there's no war and no obstacles,the EU have been kept waiting by the UK,it's the UK that has indicated that it wants to get access to the single market when they can just walk away now with the clean Brexit that Brexiteers want and start negotiating trade deals around the world,therefore,any obstacles are being created by the UK.

The remainers might be your bogey men; but this mess has been caused by a non-binding referendum without any clarity.

The remainers might be your bogey men; but this mess has been caused by a non-binding referendum without any clarity.

I agree and that is the fault of our very own parliament and its MP's. What interests me though is why no one in the stay camp challenged that before the referendum and only decided to bring it up after they lost.

I agree and that is the fault of our very own parliament and its MP's. What interests me though is why no one in the stay camp challenged that before the referendum and only decided to bring it up after they lost.

Nobody thought we'd leave! I wish we wouldn't but this country needs another hate filled referendum like it needs a hole in the head.