The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Even I think that's a bit extreme bordering on the offensive Obelix...The Khymer Rouge murdered millions and most definitely borders on a variation of Godwins Law...

You lot are obsessed with Godwin's Law.

Is it some tribal recollection of Godwin's Fountain? ;)

And that was unnecessary too. Pointing out that comparing our current situation with a regime who murdered millions is perhaps a little daft shouldn't be met with pettiness. I understand what point you were making and I'm not in the slightest offended by it, but it makes you look nasty and ridiculous which is a shame as on here you've stuck to well argued and sensible points so far.

You original post where you said it was a little offensive was what I would call petty.

1. I never compared the state of the UK to Cambodia.

2. I never said we were going to end up like that

3. I don't recall comparing any of the leaders to members of the Khmer Rouge either.

4. Nothing I said trivialised the suffering that was experienced by the people of Cambodia.

Pointing out the the UK appears to be doing something so unusual that I can only think of one other example and then naming that example is perfectly reasonable debate. Implying i'm being offensive when I am not is hardly a fair tactic. Shutting off debate about anything purely because people might be upset is a form of soft censorship and I don't do that I'm afraid.

Leaving the EU means leaving Euratom, through which we collaborate on nuclear energy, ministers have announced.

they haven't said anything about the eu medicines agency or common air zone either,

there are dozens of little agencies and such like which we benefit from greatly it wouild be a shame and very damaging to leave those

You original post where you said it was a little offensive was what I would call petty.

1. I never compared the state of the UK to Cambodia.

2. I never said we were going to end up like that

3. I don't recall comparing any of the leaders to members of the Khmer Rouge either.

4. Nothing I said trivialised the suffering that was experienced by the people of Cambodia.

Pointing out the the UK appears to be doing something so unusual that I can only think of one other example and then naming that example is perfectly reasonable debate. Implying i'm being offensive when I am not is hardly a fair tactic. Shutting off debate about anything purely because people might be upset is a form of soft censorship and I don't do that I'm afraid.

So you were solely referring to Cambodia being unusual and in no way at all trying to draw a comparison between the two regimes? Sure. Ok, fair enough if that's what you claim. Convenient.

If you honestly think I'm trying to shut off debate with someone who shares the majority of my own beliefs on Brexit then I wonder what on earth your real opinions are?

Perhaps offensive was the wrong word, let me try 'absolutely totally ridiculous comparison, solely meant to shock'. Is that a better description of your point?

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 16:52 ----------

So concerned for the future of the country they keep talking it down.

I understood what reported crime was I gave you the link to make sure you did,

apparently you still don't.

So once again you refuse to answer why racist crimes were higher in the immediate aftermath of the Brexit vote.

And honestly, why do you think ANYONE who lives, works and had family in the UK would want to see it do badly? Do you honestly think me and Loob would benefit in anyway from our country failing?

Perhaps offensive was the wrong word, let me try 'absolutely totally ridiculous comparison, solely meant to shock'. Is that a better description of your point?

No. However since you don't seem to understand the point I'm making and since you appear to wish to personally attack me for no reason on this I'll leave it there thanks.

So you were solely referring to Cambodia being unusual and in no way at all trying to draw a comparison between the two regimes? Sure. Ok, fair enough if that's what you claim. Convenient.

If you honestly think I'm trying to shut off debate with someone who shares the majority of my own beliefs on Brexit then I wonder what on earth your real opinions are?

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 16:52 ----------

So once again you refuse to answer why racist crimes were higher in the immediate aftermath of the Brexit vote.

And honestly, why do you think ANYONE who lives, works and had family in the UK would want to see it do badly? Do you honestly think me and Loob would benefit in anyway from our country failing?

I haven't refused to answer anything, spikes of reporting and recording of hate crimes have occurred after numerous events, but here's a simplistic version of recording, page 4,

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/hate_crime_leaflet_support_easy_read.pdf

Dealing with the rise of these disgusting bigots needs to be a priority.

We leavers must take our share of the responsibility for those on our side who are part of it or who have fed it.

We can start by condemning it unequivocally and fiercely.

Your vote and all those like it has enabled and emboldened these people, they think you've voted for the hate they believe in.

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:18 ----------

Have you bumped your head or something? How many burglaries go unsolved? Friday night punch ups? Vandalism? I could go on but instead I'll ask you how many reported crimes go unsolved.

He's quite obviously wanting to make out that the reported surge in hate crime was in fact just some kind of remainer plot to make the leave voters feel bad or look bad or something. :roll:

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:22 ----------

Can you back that up?

Are you suggesting that portions of profit making organisations leaving the country is somehow a positive.

Is there a limit to how far you'll twist your own mind in order to justify the mistake that's been made?

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:26 ----------

Sure. Barclays are locating 150 jobs in Ireland instead of the UK.

That's 0.1% of their staff. By all means lets run around in circles panicking.

And HSBC are moving 2000 high earners.

You just keep fiddling though.

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:30 ----------

So concerned for the future of the country they keep talking it down.

I understood what reported crime was I gave you the link to make sure you did,

apparently you still don't.

Acting like brexit is a good idea isn't going to help. What are you, a variation of an ostrich? :huh:

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:32 ----------

I haven't refused to answer anything, spikes of reporting and recording of hate crimes have occurred after numerous events, but here's a simplistic version of recording, page 4,

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/hate_crime_leaflet_support_easy_read.pdf

That says nothing about other spikes in hate crime. But I believe that the police called it unprecedented, which would mean you're wrong and that no previous increase like this has ever happened before.

Your vote and all those like it has enabled and emboldened these people, they think you've voted for the hate they believe in.

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:18 ----------

He's quite obviously wanting to make out that the reported surge in hate crime was in fact just some kind of remainer plot to make the leave voters feel bad or look bad or something. :roll:

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:22 ----------

Are you suggesting that portions of profit making organisations leaving the country is somehow a positive.

Is there a limit to how far you'll twist your own mind in order to justify the mistake that's been made?

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:26 ----------

And HSBC are moving 2000 high earners.

You just keep fiddling though.

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:30 ----------

Acting like brexit is a good idea isn't going to help. What are you, a variation of an ostrich? :huh:

---------- Post added 27-01-2017 at 19:32 ----------

That says nothing about other spikes in hate crime. But I believe that the police called it unprecedented, which would mean you're wrong and that no previous increase like this has ever happened before.

Which would mean you need to read up on the subject before spouting off and making yourself look even thicker than you are.

Which would mean you need to read up on the subject before spouting off and making yourself look even thicker than you are.

The insults to anyone are completely unnecessary. All they do is make everyone ignore your points which may well be valid.

I am struggling to understand what your issue really is. The figures have come from the police, so are you accusing the police of lying? Or are you saying that the day after Brexit lots of annoyed remain voters made false accusations? For some reason you seem to refuse to say what your position is while throwing accusations at others.

I am an ex-Special Constable. I spent quite a few hours on the 'crime line', yep we had to phone someone up and go through the crime report with reasons and so on so I know exactly how it worked until 3 years ago when I left. If things have changed massively since I left then fair enough, but looking at the Home Office page, the guidance seems almost EXACTLY the same as we had. All police forces are under huge pressure to reduce crime figures, and a lot of this is done through careful and precise reporting of crimes and, to be bunt, avoiding criming anything even vaguely dubious. The chances of the police suspending this policy the day after the Brexit vote just to make some bizarre political point is a fairly extreme accusation don't you think? You have heard of Occam's Razor I presume?