The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

More consequence's of Brexit .. . .

It was shameful that our PM scuttled over the pond to kowtow to Trump. To be seen by the rest of the world as being the first to legitimise him and all he stands for. The government feels forced to appease his country to safeguard our trade with them because we are renegotiating our trade arrangements with Europe and it may be a little choppy!

And be about to force Our queen to entertain Donald Trump in Buck House for the same reason.

Is this regaining our sovereignty?

Is this making Britain Great again?

Trade with USA = 7.5%, Trade with Europe = 48%

(I looked these up on a quick google and find them hard to believe.)

Edited by Flanker7

I think in all matters regarding numbers confusion comes from the difference between incident and crime numbers, if one is not aware.

Yes I think you are right. People think that because something is reported to the police that it must be a part of the crime figures. This is wrong, but I do agree with you that it's this that leads to the confusion.

---------- Post added 30-01-2017 at 09:30 ----------

As I said earlier. Anecdotes are useless. They back up whatever the observer wishes. Monitor growth (or otherwise) in the financial services sector in the ONS or other reliable data.

I agree. Do you have any links backing up that the financial services industry is growing inline with the rest of our economy or outpacing it?

I agree. Do you have any links backing up that the financial services industry is growing inline with the rest of our economy or outpacing it?

A bit early our remainer friends will say, but

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/economicoutputandproductivity/output/bulletins/indexofservices/nov2016

Monthly services growth was 0.3% in the month to November and there has also been consistent growth in the previous 5 months.

Now I'm no expert, but I don't see how a suposed impending disaster in the financial services sector doesn't (through confidence effects and investment loss), feed through to current sector growth.

Some EU specific activity will move, but the vast bulk of the € business will remain as it does not depend on EU membership; and there is a lot of room for growth outside EU constraints.

A bit early our remainer friends will say, but

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/economicoutputandproductivity/output/bulletins/indexofservices/nov2016

Monthly services growth was 0.3% in the month to November and there has also been consistent growth in the previous 5 months.

Now I'm no expert, but I don't see how a suposed impending disaster in the financial services sector doesn't (through confidence effects and investment loss), feed through to current sector growth.

Some EU specific activity will move, but the vast bulk of the € business will remain as it does not depend on EU membership; and there is a lot of room for growth outside EU constraints.

Depends how you play the figures but seeing as our economy grew by 0.6% over the same time period so in fact it appears that banking performed worse than the rest of economy if I'm reading your figures right?

Nigel Farage says Britain should take Donald Trump’s lead and bring in “extreme vetting” at our borders. The former Ukip leader also defended the US President’s controversial Muslim travel ban.

It's clearer than ever that Brexit is messily intertwined with a return to the politics of religious hatred. Trump, Farage and UKIP's funder Arron Banks are best mates.

The sad part is the way that they tricked the electorate to vote for Brexit on false promises of £350m/week for the NHS and so on.

Nigel Farage says Britain should take Donald Trump’s lead and bring in “extreme vetting” at our borders. The former Ukip leader also defended the US President’s controversial Muslim travel ban.

It's clearer than ever that Brexit is messily intertwined with a return to the politics of religious hatred. Trump, Farage and UKIP's funder Arron Banks are best mates.

The sad part is the way that they tricked the electorate to vote for Brexit on false promises of £350m/week for the NHS and so on.

Farage is Trumps poodle,when Trump does something,the poodle will start to bark,it was only last year that Farage was saying that the EU discriminated against immigrants from outside the EU on free movement..........you trust Farage as much as you trust Trump,because both are double speakers and Kremlin sympathisers,schooled in the Kremlin way.

Depends how you play the figures but seeing as our economy grew by 0.6% over the same time period so in fact it appears that banking performed worse than the rest of economy if I'm reading your figures right?

I think you may be right.

But it grew. How can is grow if it's collapsing?

I think you may be right.

But it grew. How can is grow if it's collapsing?

Come on now. Don't play games with me. If something is growing at less than inflation then in technical terms it's shrinking. Which you well know...and the banks have only declared they are moving, they haven't done it yet, so the fact the services sector is growing significantly slower than the rest of our economy even before the banks have actually moved staff and even before Brexit has happened then, yes I'd indeed say that things are not looking positive for the financial sector in the UK.

You'll have to do some impressive spinning to find an answer that says it's doing a-ok.

Come on now. Don't play games with me. If something is growing at less than inflation then in technical terms it's shrinking. Which you well know...and the banks have only declared they are moving, they haven't done it yet, so the fact the services sector is growing significantly slower than the rest of our economy even before the banks have actually moved staff and even before Brexit has happened then, yes I'd indeed say that things are not looking positive for the financial sector in the UK.

You'll have to do some impressive spinning to find an answer that says it's doing a-ok.

Inflation is corrected for in growth figures.