The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Stability without change every five years would be a dictatorship, and we all know how that ends.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 19:07 ----------

No point having a say if what you say is ignored.

And I'm saying stability in some areas is a good thing. We are going into a period where we will have very very little stability.

Would you accept a way of doing something in a way that you disagree with in order to have stability.

That's a good question. I'm not sure to be honest! It depends on the subject really. If you change things around changes will cost money. Take the NHS, public services in general I suppose. They're being cut to the quick now but in say in an election or two labour win, they'll want to pump money back in and provide more jobs (in theory) so you have to hire staff (costs money) train them (more money), pensions (more money).

Markets like stability though - just look at exchange rates post brexit. We've done nowt and they're all over the place.

I guess the country as a whole likes stability, we have had a period now of both main parties fighting over the centre (right) voter for a fair few years now, with both tinkering round the edges. We don't really do extremes.

Until now.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 20:30 ----------

Millions of people didn't vote to be part of the EU and they didn't vote for the laws and rules that were imposed on them.

What laws don't you like? Do like any they've brought in?

That's a good question. I'm not sure to be honest! It depends on the subject really. If you change things around changes will cost money. Take the NHS, public services in general I suppose. They're being cut to the quick now but in say in an election or two labour win, they'll want to pump money back in and provide more jobs (in theory) so you have to hire staff (costs money) train them (more money), pensions (more money).

Markets like stability though - just look at exchange rates post brexit. We've done nowt and they're all over the place.

I guess the country as a whole likes stability, we have had a period now of both main parties fighting over the centre (right) voter for a fair few years now, with both tinkering round the edges. We don't really do extremes.

Until now.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 20:30 ----------

What laws don't you like? Do like any they've brought in?

When the views of millions of people are ignored an extreme response is inevitable.

When the views of millions of people are ignored an extreme response is inevitable.

I think the views of a lot of people have been ignored over the years, I just think they're kicking out at the wrong people. The EU, with its many many many faults, did a lot for disadvantaged people in this country. Some might realise that when it's gone.