The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I think you're confused. The argument that the EU will seek to punish the UK despite harming itself in the process has always come from the remain side.

Redwood has been especially vocal and positive about the prospects for a good trading arrangement post-Brexit and stated multiple times that we would do well on WTO rules in any case.

No,I'm not confused at all,the argument about the EU seeking to punish the UK for leaving,or not giving them a good deal is coming from the leave side,Lawson himself has said it today.

No,I'm not confused at all,the argument about the EU seeking to punish the UK for leaving,or not giving them a good deal is coming from the leave side,Lawson himself has said it today.

One quote from one leave supporter does not significantly affect the balance of the larger debate.

I think you're confused. The argument that the EU will seek to punish the UK despite harming itself in the process has always come from the remain side.

The argument that the EU not giving us a deal that risks undermining the EU is because they are "punishing" us for leaving is one only made by brexiters. It is part of getting ready to blame the EU for us not getting exactly what we ask for rather than having to admit that what we asked for was unrealistic. If a child makes a xmas list with 10 expensive presents and their parents only get a couple of them you don't accuse the parents of punishing the child.

That's your prerogative. For my part, and I think I speak for a great many leave voters, I wish our EU neighbours the best in their future endeavours and I hope that it all somehow works out for them.

I don't think it will, but if it does then great and I suppose if it doesn't I hope it's not too horrific when it all falls apart.

Like a lot of little Englanders I think you over estimate the importance of the UK in Europe and the world ie. believing that the whole EU project will collapse because we're leaving, as I fear we're about to find out.

---------- Post added 03-02-2017 at 16:58 ----------

Had to smile at May's offer in Malta to other EU leaders to be a "bridge" with the US over NATO. The Lithuanian PM said "it's ok but no thanks we communicate over twitter these days " :hihi:

never going to happen :D

Dream on, its happening now.

The so-called PM is going round the world making a damn fool of herself, and by extension everyone in the country, not only the benighted fools who got her into power.

Your leader Farage is so far up Trumps backside that his nickname is ankles.

And to cap it all for you, immigration is going to continue unchecked, and it was that that was the main thing you brexiters wanted to stop.

You have been led up the garden path and deserted.

it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Dream on, its happening now.

The so-called PM is going round the world making a damn fool of herself, and by extension everyone in the country, not only the benighted fools who got her into power.

Your leader Farage is so far up Trumps backside that his nickname is ankles.

And to cap it all for you, immigration is going to continue unchecked, and it was that that was the main thing you brexiters wanted to stop.

You have been led up the garden path and deserted.

it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

can you give us the worse case scenario of how our country is going to end up with this destruction malarky :roll: