The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

If you want the best then why are you stating as fact that we will make no ongoing financial contribution to their medium-term success?

The reality is we will do that, and that by doing so it will be best for us too.

---------- Post added 04-02-2017 at 21:11 ----------

Your argument only works if you portray the EU as some sort of authoritarian and oppressive state that does not want peace

It isn't like that and it never will be. It has flaws and it is not perfectly democratic (in certain aspects but neither is the UK) but to try and argue that by leaving the EU we are escaping from some 1930s-style autocratic tyranny is utter nonsense. That was the precise argument used extensively in the referendum campaign.

I wasnt making an argument I was stating a fact. The fact was you made a correlation between people voting for Brexit and two world wars with the loss of millions of lives.

I think that in the cold light of day, everybody will agree it pragmatic to walk away rather than trying to resolve fractional ownership of a myriad of assets and liabilities.

---------- Post added 04-02-2017 at 21:52 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjCstrTtvfRAhXqDsAKHc2NB1kQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fbb899c94-8715-11e6-a75a-0c4dce033ade&usg=AFQjCNEpMNszVpB4zd6yTUblXJIVOZfD-Q

We are going round in circles. Will just have to agree to disagree. Working liabilities will be time consuming but perfectly possible and they will get a deal as part of the larger challenges. I trust the UK and the negotiators will be able to do this. nobody will simply just walkaway necause they have to deal with each other after. Will wait and see.

I wasnt making an argument I was stating a fact. The fact was you made a correlation between people voting for Brexit and two world wars with the loss of millions of lives.

to be honist i think that anyone who draws simulaties, between wars, or the holocaust have lost the plot and should just be disreguarded as noobs

Edited by phil752

I said that we fought for a peaceful continent. Fact.

I said that (some) extreme Brexiters now want to destabilise the continent. Fact.

If any correlation is being made it's around avoiding the continent being destabilised again by the actions of extreme Brexiters.

Think you've misunderstood :|

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 09:16 ----------

Jesus wept.

You're talking about assets worth less than the tax that was written off for Vodafone by George Osborne. Less still than the reputed losses from Brown's gold bullion sales.

You are talking about a tiny drop in the ocean and if we start arguing for some crates of wine, some art and deeds to some office blocks in Brussels and Strasborg then we are going to look monumentally ridiculous.

Get a grip.

This thread is over 3000 posts long, and no one has put forward a convincing argument for leaving the EU.

There must be a reason for all this upset, but no one seems to know what it is.

Well we won the vote. Sorry you personally found it unconvincing but you're in the minority.

I find it very unlikely that you don't understand my position at this point.

Well we won the vote. Sorry you personally found it unconvincing but you're in the minority.

I find it very unlikely that you don't understand my position at this point.

I have a feeling, and have done for a long time, that even if the vote had gone the other way, that the country would have still been removed from the EU.

This is part of a greater plan, the details of which are becoming clear, but are not yet out in the open.

It is going to the greatest change since the 18th century.

I have a feeling, and have done for a long time, that even if the vote had gone the other way, that the country would have still been removed from the EU.

This is part of a greater plan, the details of which are becoming clear, but are not yet out in the open.

It is going to the greatest change since the 18th century.

Many on the emphatic leave side will tell you that we're still not going to leave even now because of an establishment conspiracy.

I think you're both wrong. Democracy is not toothless.

Many on the emphatic leave side will tell you that we're still not going to leave even now because of an establishment conspiracy.

I think you're both wrong. Democracy is not toothless.

What's the "emphatic leave side"?

Remember only 37% of the population wanted to leave...