The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

What's the "emphatic leave side"?

Remember only 37% of the population wanted to leave...

As pointed out several times before it is the voting population that counts and in the referendum 52% voted leave so were in the majority. Unless you force people to vote and make it compulsory it cannot be any other way.

Talk about underhand !

We`ve just come back from holiday, and I was struck by the high proportion of my fellow travellers who voted Remain. It vindicates my theory that those who travel more were far more likely to vote to stay in the EU.

Now then, which minister was it that really pushed to make it more expensive to travel abroad, families at any rate ?

Answer ?

Arch pro Brexiteer Michael Gove, with his scheme (now scuppered ?) to charge families for taking kids out of school to take them travelling / on holiday.

Co-incidence ?

Maybe, or maybe not.

Oh my goodness! Not another of your surveys. Did you actually canvass all of your ' fellow travellers' as to which way they voted.

How many did you speak to. Were they a cross section of travellers?

I travel to Europe quite often and love it. I daresay when I next travel I could come on here and say that it vindicates my theory that those who travel more were far more likely to vote Brexit.

I have spent 20 yrs or so living abroad.

But...but....but...we'd get some crates of wine and some pictures to look at and don't forget some ofice space in Brussels and Strasbourg
Less French wine exported to the UK and office space reclaimed from Brit MEPs in Strasbourg are no bad things at all: makes both cheaper for us returning evictees :thumbsup::D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

So, it is confirmed, the brexiters are the thickoes, and we remainers are the intelligentsia.

This has been clear all along.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 16:42 ----------

But yet our government are doing their bidding!:)

Because it is in the governments interest to.

Easily led knuckle draggers are easy to control.

Hitler found this out.

But yet our government are doing their bidding!:)
Which is all the more surprising, since they are mostly to be found in Labour heartlands! :)

(well, "used to", at the rate local and by elections are going :hihi:)

Boy am I glad I ain't going to be around these parts, when the reckoning gets going :D

Which is all the more surprising, since they are mostly to be found in Labour heartlands! :)

(well, "used to", at the rate local and by elections are going :hihi:)

Boy am I glad I ain't going to be around these parts, when the reckoning gets going :D

I thought a higher percentage of Labour voters supported Remain rather than Leave compared to Tories? Yeah I'm right, 58% of Tories voted to leave but only 37% of Labour did. Comically 4% of UKIP voters voted to Remain in the EU. Facepalm.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/