The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

This is not safeguard, but a spending priority. It belongs in the 2020 budget.
I hope for your sake that you stay healthy until then :lol:

It's working pretty well so far. Where's your Brexit recession?
Coming along nicely, as I told you before :)

I can see the truck just fine, but it's still a bit too far to hear ;)

You're the only one who can still see it.

Suuure :lol:

All your experts have run away.
You were happy enough yesterday, alternatively quoting them to support your points and pointing to their (alleged) contradictions. Make up your mind, sometime?

You were happy enough yesterday, both quoting them to support your points and pointing to their (alleged) contradictions.

Make up your mind, sometime? :lol:

I didn't believe them before the vote and now we have facts to squash them with. So they sensibly reverse themselves.

Are you suggesting I can only argue that they're always right or that they're always wrong? Because that's rather obvious logical nonsense.

I didn't believe them before the vote and now we have facts to squash them with. So they sensibly reverse themselves.
They've reversed their "the end is coming the day after the referendum" stance. I didn't subscribe to it then, no more than I subscribe to any "all clear" stance now (...but I have certainly subscribed to objective studies based on facts, and still do: none of which were prophecizing doom on June 25).

Because I'm aware that it's been 7 months or so since the referendum and the UK has yet to trigger Article 50, and I understand that the full economic consequences of Brexit will take the better part of a decade (at least) to fully play out, to the extent of being meaningfully measurable.

No different whatsoever to when I was calling out the 2008 crash in 2006, and debating dissenters were asking me every other day or week between 2006 and 2008 "where is your crash?"

It's not a case of a stuck clock being right twice a day, it's a case of connecting lots of dots using dispassionate logic and reason over time to see the bigger picture. You either try to see it, or you bask in ideological confirmation bias. It's a personal choice.

You're as entitled to yours, as I am to mine :)

Are you suggesting I can only argue that they're always right or that they're always wrong? Because that's rather obvious logical nonsense.
Not at all, I'm suggesting that you dismiss them when convenient (such as yesterday about the WTO guy, and today in your reply to me) and lean on them when convenient (same, at other times).

Have experts now found grace with Leavers again?

Or are experts still the scourge of the pro-Brexit commentariat?

Or is it a case of being the scourge only when their opinion diverges from the pro-Leave consensus?

Edited by L00b

They've reversed their "the end is coming the day after the referendum" stance. I didn't subscribe to it then, no more than I subscribe to any "all clear" stance now (...but I have certainly subscribed to objective studies based on facts, and still do: none of which were prophecizing doom on June 25).

Because I'm aware that it's been 7 months or so since the referendum and the UK has yet to trigger Article 50, and I understand that the full economic consequences of Brexit will take the better part of a decade (at least) to fully play out, to the extent of being meaningfully measurable.

No different whatsoever to when I was calling out the 2008 crash in 2006, and debating dissenters were asking me every other day or week between 2006 and 2008 "where is your crash?"

It's not a case of a stuck clock being right twice a day, it's a case of connecting lots of dots using dispassionate logic and reason over time to see the bigger picture. You either try to see it, or you bask in ideological confirmation bias. It's a personal choice.

You're as entitled to yours, as I am to mine :)

Not at all, I'm suggesting that you dismiss them when convenient (such as yesterday about the WTO guy, and today in your reply to me) and lean on them when convenient (same, at other times).

Have experts now found grace with Leavers again?

Or are experts still the scourge of the pro-Brexit commentariat?

Or is it a case of being the scourge only when their opinion diverges from the pro-Leave consensus?

I only point out that the experts, on whom the remain campaign strongly depended, no longer support them. There's no hypocrisy in that.

The political dimension of the UK exit alone (in terms of its potential to negatively impact the EU project, to say nothing of the NI border/CTA issue which May is still perpetually fudging), promises to make negotiations with the EU27 particularly difficult.

Could you say, in a nutshell, what this project is and where the EU intends to go in the future?