The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

How Brexiters can claim there is no economic risk and that the danger has passed is utterly insane.

Things are going to get very messy.

There's risk certainly. But there's a lot of good will outside the EU in terms of future trading relationships. An outward looking UK is a good thing for the world as a whole who often find trading with EU members rather difficult.

The market has judged that Brexit is not going to be substantially negative in the medium-long term. This is what the Brexiters expected and now the remainers' experts are conceding and failing into line. So it's perfectly natural that we're not panicking.

Could you say, in a nutshell, what this project is and where the EU intends to go in the future?
No.

I'm not an politician. I'm a lambda citizen.

If your question was a bait, then find someone else to bait.

If your question wasn't a bait, sorry I can't help.

:)

EDIT: just to add, that a detailed answer is redundant by now, given that the UK is getting out come-what-may, so what does it matter?

For all the ragtop noise and gloating about it, pragmatically the foundations of a two-speed EU were there, ripe for the taking (complete with support from influential member states like NL, DK and others, all potential fellow 'semi-exiters' or, well, 'standing where they're at') just pre-referendum, after Cameron's dealings with Juncker & Co.

Cameron (had he stayed on) or May could have taken the (advisory) referendum outcome as advice to opt for that new 'no-further-integration' slow EU lane, rather than an outright exit. But as we know, full and complete exit is what May wants and what shall now happen, so well, that's that (this new 'no-further-integration' slow EU lane is now unlikely to happen, without an EU member the size of the UK spearheading and leading it), no point discussing it further. On these here UK-based boards, at any rate. That I reserve for the Irish and French ones I frequent :)

Edited by L00b

as we are all starting to find out, devaluation causes the prices of imports to rise which affects inflation and such things.

Just so we're clear, I'm still talking about Greece and Grexit, which is a wholly different situation to Brexit as they're doing badly and getting kicked out of the € where as we're doing well and just don't want to stay in the EU.

Inflation is also standard debt medicine.

Debt medicine is not like antibiotics where you're fine in a week, no harm done. It's more like intensive Chemo where you feel like crap for months or years but with any luck you come out the other side with some kind of life.

There's risk certainly. But there's a lot of good will outside the EU in terms of future trading relationships. An outward looking UK is a good thing for the world as a whole who often find trading with EU members rather difficult.

i always thought we were outward looking and traded quite successfully with the non-eu world.

it's hard to see how increased trade with the US, squares with president trump's america first rhetoric and other places seem to want essentially free movement of their people as part of liam fox's trade deals which again seems to contradict with our prime ministers rhetoric on controlling immigration.

maybe it's just european's we dont want here but are quite happy to throw open out borders to the rest of the world....

The market has judged that Brexit is not going to be substantially negative in the medium-long term. This is what the Brexiters expected and now the remainers' experts are conceding and failing into line.

has it? can you justify that?

So it's perfectly natural that we're not panicking.

yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i always thought we were outward looking and traded quite successfully with the non-eu world.

it's hard to see how increased trade with the US, squares with president trump's america first rhetoric and other places seem to want essentially free movement of their people as part of liam fox's trade deals which again seems to contradict with our prime ministers rhetoric on controlling immigration.

maybe it's just european's we dont want here but are quite happy to throw open out borders to the rest of the world....

has it? can you justify that?

yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well the BoE has put our growth prediction pretty much back where it was before the vote and Trump and several other world players, whatever their general policies may be, have all made it very clear that they'd like to arrange to do more trade with the UK.

I've also heard them say (Australia particularly forcefully) that making trade arrangements with the EU is especially difficult and it should be much easier to deal with the UK.

Well the BoE has put our growth prediction pretty much back where it was before the vote and Trump and several other world players, whatever their general policies may be, have all made it very clear that they'd like to arrange to do more trade with the UK.

I've also heard them say (Australia particularly forcefully) that making trade arrangements with the EU is especially difficult and it should be much easier to deal with the UK.

You mention Australia.

If they reintroduced the £10 pom scheme the ships would be overflowing with people trying escape this hell-hole the tories (aka UKIP) have created.