The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

What I am sure is that I have said, time and time again, that the UK needs immigration to keep its economy going. There are now signs on the job market that vacancies are not being filled, this is going to increase in severity and will lead to my prediction coming through: Kill immigration, kill the economy. That is the choice. As soon as May stamps down on EU migrants coming here and starts demanding visas for those already here the economy will hit a deep recession.
To the surprise of no-one I'm sure, Eurosceptics have started taking care of the situation:

The intervention came as Tory MPs called on Home Secretary Amber Rudd to ease airport entry waits for Commonwealth citizens in order to help boost post-Brexit trade.

Jake Berry and more than 40 fellow Conservative MPs have written to Rudd suggesting changes to border controls such as a Commonwealth entry channel, and fast-tracking business visas.

(source)

Will farmers please form an orderly queue to swap their Romanians fruit pickers for Nigerian ones :D

To the surprise of no-one I'm sure, Eurosceptics have started taking care of the situation:

(source)

Will farmers please form an orderly queue to swap their Romanians fruit pickers for Nigerian ones :D

It will be hell for the racists and the UKIP types when the commonwealth citizens begin arriving. :o

They probably think 'Commonwealth Nations' means only Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. :)

What I am sure is that I have said, time and time again, that the UK needs immigration to keep its economy going. There are now signs on the job market that vacancies are not being filled, this is going to increase in severity and will lead to my prediction coming through: Kill immigration, kill the economy. That is the choice. As soon as May stamps down on EU migrants coming here and starts demanding visas for those already here the economy will hit a deep recession.

Meh, you really don't understand.

Who cares that we now have a crisis in nursing, medical and social care staffing - where a significant proportion of staff come from the EU? What is really important to the coffin dodgers is to take the country back to the 1930's and presuade themselves they have regained some never-lost sovereignty.

I see that the attitude is out in force again.

Once again. The people voted against you in the referendum because you don't respect them. The remain campaign was a sack of horror stories so implausible that it just made people laugh. Not that there's not plenty to criticise the leave campaigns for. Nigel's leave.eu was just horrific.

Say it with me. "I disagree with your point of view but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler".

Edited by unbeliever

What was 'horrific' about it?

The poster with the queue of migrants on it was vile.

He tried to make the whole thing about immigration. I wanted to talk about sovereignty and democratic accountability, as I think did a lot of people.

Now all of us who argued for leave, have to live with an association in the Zeitgeist with a mass of xenophobic drivel.

Edited by unbeliever

He tried to make the whole thing about immigration.
It worked.

It has been the UK government's choice to make Brexit all about immigration since June 24 (alright, July 13 when May landed the job), to this day.

I see that the attitude is out in force again.
So pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of Eurosceptic Tories about that very same immigration hot topic is 'attitude' now, is it?

And it's us "remoaners" whom they were calling snowflakes! :lol:

It worked.

It has been the UK government's choice to make Brexit all about immigration since June 24 (alright, July 13 when May landed the job), to this day.

So pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of Eurosceptic Tories about that very same immigration hot topic is 'attitude' now, is it?

And it's us "remoaners" whom they were calling snowflakes! :lol:

I was replaying primarily to Flexo.

You're perfectly entitled to tell politicians who bleated on about immigration that they're responsible for creating an atmosphere where people don't want to migrate here.

I don't agree with your characterisation of the government position though. It's been about gaining full independence.

Edited by unbeliever