The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The answer was in the quote:

;)

These 'other countries' were supplying, so long as the UK was buying.

But the signal perceived from the UK on the Continent, is that the UK doesn't want them any more. New ones or those already here.

I doubt if that is true as the majority of the NHS imported staff come from countries outside of the EU or Continent as you put it, and they will still be coming here as the UK will still be buying.

The head of England’s NHS has called on the government to deliver a categorical assurance that more than 130,000 staff from the EU working in health and social care will be allowed to remain in the UK post-Brexit.

Source: NHS head calls for pledge on EU staff

The comments by Simon Stevens came as Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS England medical director, warned the government would need to find an additional £500m a year if it were to replace EU funding for medical research that would now be lost.

That's 3 weeks of net EU contributions just on medical research. And that's before the elephant in the room that is the EU Medicines Agency, currently based in London.

We can priorotise degree courses which teach people the skills needed where we have shortages.

We can bring back proper apprenticeships in skills where we have a shortage.

We can get rid of the culture of blaming everyone else for our problems.

All of that can be done, and should be done without all this upheaval.

But you know, as well as I know, that it will not be done.

This government is as useless as a bicycle is to a fish, and has no idea where it is going or what it is doing.

They have laid all their faith in the USA helping them, and now they have the lunatic monster that Frankenstein Putin has created to deal with.

No.

We're going to be an independent democratic nation state with friends and parters across the world.

We're not going to be the 51st state of the USA and I have no idea where that idea comes from.

Too late to change your mind now.

The die is cast.

If you think for one minute that any country is going to take this country as a senior partner in any deal, you are sadly mistaken.

The government are running round the world with the begging bowl, making fools of us all.

The only ambition seems to be to see the EU fall.

They remind me of the man who thinks the factory will close when he leaves.

All the plans for leaving on a victorious note should have been made years ago, not after they had left.

Who will take anyone responsible for such a shambles seriously as a working partner?

Too late to change your mind now.

The die is cast.

If you think for one minute that any country is going to take this country as a senior partner in any deal, you are sadly mistaken.

The government are running round the world with the begging bowl, making fools of us all.

The only ambition seems to be to see the EU fall.

They remind me of the man who thinks the factory will close when he leaves.

All the plans for leaving on a victorious note should have been made years ago, not after they had left.

Who will take anyone responsible for such a shambles seriously as a working partner?

Right yes. I'm going to try again.

Your inexplicable ridiculous characterisation of the UK notwithstanding.

We're going to be an independent democratic nation state with friends and partners throughout the world.

Some of us expect the EU to fail. We're not hoping for it. Not the same thing.

Right yes. I'm going to try again.

Your inexplicable ridiculous characterisation of the UK notwithstanding.

We're going to be an independent democratic nation state with friends and partners throughout the world.

Some of us expect the EU to fail. We're not hoping for it. Not the same thing.

These partners should already be in place, and they are not.

If you were to leave a job you would make sure you had a job to go to before you gave your notice and called all the senior staff bungling incompetents.

Unless of course, you stormed out in a fit temper, only to regret it the day after.

That is what this brexit is, and the country will never recover.

It will be known forever more as the country that quit.

And now it has no friends.

These partners should already be in place, and they are not.

If you were to leave a job you would make sure you had a job to go to before you gave your notice and called all the senior staff bungling incompetents.

Unless of course, you stormed out in a fit temper, only to regret it the day after.

That is what this brexit is, and the country will never recover.

It will be known forever more as the country that quit.

And now it has no friends.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: what planet you on this country has done what the people asked it to do and must now get on with it. many people around the world and the eu will look upon the uk as getting out of a failing club and wished they would have done sooner. :roll: