The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

It is causing discord and disharmony across the country.

It is the greatest cause of general upset I can recall.

Prior to this, we all jostled along together, whatever shade of politics we were.

This has caused, real, meaningful divisions.

It is not a case of a different government, it is a fundamental change to our way of life.

I think you're correct, all we need to do now is to accept the democratic result of a legitimate referendum and we can put all this general upset behind us and go back to living together in harmony just like we did before the referendum.

I'm pleased you've now come to the same conclusion, and we can now disregard all the discord caused.

I hardly ever hear Brexit mentioned outside of SF. or Question Time !

I must keep bad company then ;)

---------- Post added 15-02-2017 at 17:36 ----------

I think you're correct, all we need to do now is to accept the democratic result of a legitimate referendum and we can put all this general upset behind us and go back to living together in harmony just like we did before the referendum.

I'm pleased you've now come to the same conclusion, and we can now disregard all the discord caused.

it all depends on whether you are a Morlock or an Eloi.

Make your choice. :thumbsup:

Notice that it is quoted as a rise in the RRP and as most toy stores undercut that price anyway there will still be a lot of competition on prices in toy stores.

Sonos puts up prices

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3004482/sonos-becomes-latest-tech-firm-to-announce-post-brexit-price-increases

Microsoft, apple, next, Walkers, Dell, I'm sure there are more.

I'm sure most people who can afford to buy most of these overpriced goods can afford to pay a bit extra. Did you know that Microsoft recently gave away their latest OS called Windows 10 for free so they cant be doing that bad.

I'm sure that most who voted leave don't care only the remainers.

I'm sure most people who can afford to buy most of these overpriced goods can afford to pay a bit extra. Did you know that Microsoft recently gave away their latest OS called Windows 10 for free so they cant be doing that bad.

That's just the trend. Competition has driven OS upgrade prices down to zero. The other operating systems have been free for a while.

Edited by unbeliever

That will result in an increase in NET migration ;)

Not sure I follow. Presumably the NET figure will be -7 ish with partners taken into account. That's just within my circle of friends. Unless that was some kind of slight at my friends and you think educated people leaving the country is some how a good thing?

The point is not really the impact on migration though, it's a) the impact on jobs (people leave because they have to) b) job creation and development (these are educated people tend to create wealth and jobs) c) the impact on tax take (educated people generally pay more tax). I'm not really sure there are any positives to a brain drain.

Notice that it is quoted as a rise in the RRP and as most toy stores undercut that price anyway there will still be a lot of competition on prices in toy stores.

I think you will find it was not free, only to people who already had an OS by Microsoft.

Very good it is too.