The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Non EU nationals can't just walk through like EU nationals to come here unless they are illegal immigrants.

EU nationals can just get on a coach to Britain and pitch up anywhere so your point about non EU immigration is irrelivent to the topic.

No it isn't. If we can't cut non - EU nationals why do you think we will cut EU nationals. Look at the numbers http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-migration-six-myths-about-immigration-debunked-as-latest-figures-show-fall-in-non-eu-arrivals-a6895341.html

Come trade with Canada. I can guarantee it won't take 7 years to put together an agreement.

EU population - 508 million, Canada population - 36 million. Anyway it could take even longer;

"Activists in the Netherlands have gathered almost two-thirds of the signatures needed to lay the groundwork for a referendum on Europe’s free trade deal with Canada, which they say overly favours the interests of multinational companies.

"A referendum defeat would throw up a further obstacle to the ratification of Ceta, which was almost scuttled last month by a regional assembly in neighbouring Belgium."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/04/dutch-campaigners-eu-canada-trade-deal-referendum

Not really, we have the obligations of the commonwealth which allows many non-EU nationals the right to come to the country and yet no-=one seems to have discussed what happens to these people after Brexit...

Why does it need discussing when nothing will change?

No it isn't. If we can't cut non - EU nationals why do you think we will cut EU nationals. Look at the numbers http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-migration-six-myths-about-immigration-debunked-as-latest-figures-show-fall-in-non-eu-arrivals-a6895341.html

Stopping eu free movement would drastically cut immigration figures, nearly a million polish people have come here under free movement.

Do you realise how hard it is for non eu citizens to come and live here?

Stopping eu free movement would drastically cut immigration figures, nearly a million polish people have come here under free movement.

The problem is not really about the standard joe EU guy, coming to work in the uk. If it was there would be a problem of discrimination. But why are companies, ie transport, logistic warehouses(RDC,s), food processing factories which are a of lot new builds. Mainly staffed by east Europeans. These are not jobs that uk nationals would not do, but can not get a look in, mostly picking packing and food packing. Now the rub, why do you think that the government back tracked on the survey on non nationals working for uk companies. I feel it is because not many would show up as all ,if not most, work on none UK temp contacts, ie European contracts.

Not really, we have the obligations of the commonwealth which allows many non-EU nationals the right to come to the country and yet no-=one seems to have discussed what happens to these people after Brexit...

Immigration from outside of the EU is the easiest to control, we can control non-EU immigration; but yet we are not bringing down the numbers.

That tells me that the people in power do not want to reduce ANY immigration.

Nigel Farage did before the referendum vote. He said there'll be an increase in immigration of commonwealth nationals to, partially at least, make up for all the EU nationals who will no longer be allowed in.

Nigel Farage did before the referendum vote. He said there'll be an increase in immigration of commonwealth nationals to, partially at least, make up for all the EU nationals who will no longer be allowed in.

i dont think he said it quite as blunt more like, all would be on a need points system

What are you basing your figures on? Despite the hurdles we let 273k last year. You think EU nationals won't bother if there's a few forms to fill in?

---------- Post added 05-11-2016 at 21:44 ----------

The problem is not really about the standard joe EU guy, coming to work in the uk. If it was there would be a problem of discrimination. But why are companies, ie transport, logistic warehouses(RDC,s), food processing factories which are a of lot new builds. Mainly staffed by east Europeans. These are not jobs that uk nationals would not do, but can not get a look in, mostly picking packing and food packing. Now the rub, why do you think that the government back tracked on the survey on non nationals working for uk companies. I feel it is because not many would show up as all ,if not most, work on none UK temp contacts, ie European contracts.

I think you'll find if UK nationals would do the job, uk companies would hire them. I counted 12 different nationalities at one hotel I worked at. Another one near Birmingham was almost exclusively Spanish. Ross kemp did a show highlighting this - he found a banana packing factory filled almost exclusively foreign workers - Brits wouldn't do the job.

---------- Post added 05-11-2016 at 21:47 ----------

i dont think he said it quite as blunt more like, all would be on a need points system

A points system results in 273k non EU nationals. It doesn't cap numbers.

What are you basing your figures on? Despite the hurdles we let 273k last year. You think EU nationals won't bother if there's a few forms to fill in?

I think you'll find if UK nationals would do the job, uk companies would hire them. I counted 12 different nationalities at one hotel I worked at. Another one near Birmingham was almost exclusively Spanish. Ross kemp did a show highlighting this - he found a banana packing factory filled almost exclusively foreign workers - Brits wouldn't do the job.

do they get the chance are jobs being advertised in the uk, are the job on a permit contract to the company or just to an agency, if you have had experience of this you know as i do, the answer.

---------- Post added 05-11-2016 at 22:25 ----------

look up how many EU NI numbers,s have been issued in the last year, it is more than you think, dont under why you are quoting non EU which we can control

Edited by phil752