The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

The prospects for the UK's public finances have deteriorated by £25bn since the March Budget, the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said.

Is this down to the EU vote, or Government policy?

It's mainly down to the OBR (Treasury) revising down their growth predictions.

They've not exactly impressed with their predictions of late. I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 11:01 ----------

Again this fundamentalist approach is not going to go down well in Hartlepool, Burnley etc...

Well that's probably true, but I'm not a politician so I don't have to pretend that I can protect old economy jobs without hurting everybody else.

Indeed, they voted to leave the EU to send the foreigners back, not send them back with jobs from this country ;)

I don't think many people voted leave so that people get sent back. A lot voted leave to curb or try and halt further immigration. Some like me and others who have posted on SF also didn't vote leave for either of those reasons.

I don't think many people voted leave so that people get sent back. A lot voted leave to curb or try and halt further immigration. Some like me and others who have posted on SF also didn't vote leave for either of those reasons.

Yes, but we're supposed to accept that however we made our decision, our votes are somehow invalid. Or perhaps just less valid than those who voted remain.

See then they actually won.

Their favourite excuse is that the remain campaigners were more honest than the leave campaigners.

What's this week's excuse I wonder.

The prospects for the UK's public finances have deteriorated by £25bn since the March Budget, the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said.

Is this down to the EU vote, or Government policy?

It's ok though because we don't need to pay the EU £6bn a year :loopy:

Yes, but we're supposed to accept that however we made our decision, our votes are somehow invalid. Or perhaps just less valid than those who voted remain.

See then they actually won.

Their favourite excuse is that the remain campaigners were more honest than the leave campaigners.

What's this week's excuse I wonder.

I don't doubt why you voted and you and apelike have always been consistent. Other forums, message boards and comments sections you will find people with the views I've hinted at - they expect the NHS to be saved as a result too.

Are those valid reasons to vote? Absolutely.