The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

No it's [Europol] part of the EU.

So that's one part of the EU that we'll remain a member of.

The European Medicines Agency is based in London and I don't hear calls to send it back.

The Brexit people are tying themselves in knots about the single market.

The referendum result is half in, half out.

The UK is already a reluctant member, half in, half out.

I'd think that Brexit will mean moving a few things to a bit more "out". I really don't see May quitting Europol etc.

So that's one part of the EU that we'll remain a member of.

The European Medicines Agency is based in London and I don't hear calls to send it back.

The Brexit people are tying themselves in knots about the single market.

The referendum result is half in, half out.

The UK is already a reluctant member, half in, half out.

I'd think that Brexit will mean moving a few things to a bit more "out". I really don't see May quitting Europol etc.

They will not get away with any of the following in my view.

1. Anything more than a fraction of the current EU financial contribution.

2. Placing the UK under the jurisdiction of the ECJ

3. Leaving any of the transferred competencies in the hands of the EU.

Membership of a few useful institutions is actually a good thing, provided that they operate by consent.

Edited by unbeliever

Can you back this up? I've heard it multiple times on here, but never seen a source.

Comments are fine you know. Invalidation is not, especially when repeated continuously.

I've had a quick google and everything is post referendum and I can't be arsed to look further.

But if you think either campaign was truthful, or even halfway honest and not a cluster of lies and mud slinging you're not as clever as I thought you were. It was the worst campaign I've ever seen.

It was certainly a poor campaign on both sides. But both sides lied, not just the leavers.

Cameron forecast "war and genocide" if we left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3580060/Now-Cameron-warns-Brexit-lead-war-genocide-PM-s-extraordinary-intervention-leads-campaigners-accuse-Downing-Street-desperation.html

Osborne forecast "an immediate recession"

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2016/10/confirmed-the-treasurys-prediction-of-a-leave-vote-causing-instant-recession-was-wrong.html.

Both wrong.

If we are going to annul the referendum because of politicians lying we would have to annul the result of every general election we've ever had!

It was certainly a poor campaign on both sides. But both sides lied, not just the leavers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3580060/Now-Cameron-warns-Brexit-lead-war-genocide-PM-s-extraordinary-intervention-leads-campaigners-accuse-Downing-Street-desperation.html

Osborne forecast "an immediate recession"

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2016/10/confirmed-the-treasurys-prediction-of-a-leave-vote-causing-instant-recession-was-wrong.html.

Both wrong.

If we are going to annul the referendum because of politicians lying we would have to annul the result of every general election we've ever had!

¿ Now wait for the explanation as to why lies for remain don't count. ¿

¿ Now wait for the explanation as to why lies for remain don't count. ¿

One explanation is that leave made false statements of fact. The £350 million lie. That Turkey is joining the EU.

Remain made predictions such as the economic impact which we will only be able to evaluate some time after the actual act of leaving is done.

If I predict that it will rain tomorrow and it doesn't then I'm mistaken.

If I state as fact that it rained yesterday and I know it didn't then I'm lying.

Nonetheless, Prof Watt's complaint to the CPS does invite them to also consider whether lies were told by Remain. The #BrexitJustice campaign is exploring action against both.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 14:50 ----------

Pick the facts from the hysteria - that is an article about something Cameron hadn't yet said. The facts are somewhat more dry, with Cameron saying the EU is a force for stability (as it was intended when it was founded). The stuff about WW III was made up by Boris.

Upon leaving, or at least article 50 (which Cameron had promised to invoke immediately).

We will know whether leaving has caused a recession six months or so after the act of leaving.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 14:05 ----------

No it's part of the EU.

But it's not a police force rampaging across the continent arresting folk.

Its just an intelligence sharing and cooperation scheme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europol

Cheers for correcting me and for the link as I honestly thought it was independent.

Edited by apelike

One explanation is that leave made false statements of fact. The £350 million lie. That Turkey is joining the EU.

Remain made predictions such as the economic impact which we will only be able to evaluate some time after the actual act of leaving is done.

If I predict that it will rain tomorrow and it doesn't then I'm mistaken.

If I state as fact that it rained yesterday and I know it didn't then I'm lying.

Nonetheless, Prof Watt's complaint to the CPS does invite them to also consider whether lies were told by Remain. The #BrexitJustice campaign is exploring action against both.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 14:50 ----------

Pick the facts from the hysteria - that is an article about something Cameron hadn't yet said. The facts are somewhat more dry, with Cameron saying the EU is a force for stability (as it was intended when it was founded). The stuff about WW III was made up by Boris.

Upon leaving, or at least article 50 (which Cameron had promised to invoke immediately).

We will know whether leaving has caused a recession six months or so after the act of leaving.

What absolute horse [expletive deleted]. I've already provided links, for example to the treasury report, that showed that many of the predictions applied to immediately after the vote. If they didn't believe it it was a lie and at any rate it was false and highly misleading.

That Turkey is imminently joining the EU is the opinion of some, it is a prediction. How can you claim that remain's predictions are just wrong, but leave's predictions are lies?

Others have provided links to remain stories so ridiculous that they cannot possibly have believed them.

What the actual [even stronger expletive deleted]!

Look I can can see that this is important to you and you're trying to be reasonable. But you're effectively telling people that their votes don't count because they don't think like you. That's not something we take lightly.

Edited by unbeliever