The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

About time these fast and loose politicians were held to account.

I think most sensible folk can agree on that. If this referendum thought us one thing it is that the people have had enough of being lied to, the exact same thing is at the core of the US elections as well.

I think most sensible folk can agree on that. If this referendum thought us one thing it is that the people have had enough of being lied to, the exact same thing is at the core of the US elections as well.

agree there

I think everyone on both sides of the brexit debate will agree on that one.

The prospects for the UK's public finances have deteriorated by £25bn since the March Budget, the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said.

Is this down to the EU vote, or Government policy?

As unbeliever says - down to OBR revising their predictions but this is based on the impact of the brexit vote on the value of the pound and the subsequent knock on effects.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 19:58 ----------

But the lies continue, and we haven't done anything about the current government who are the ones lying to us.

General election now!

But the lies continue, and we haven't done anything about the current government who are the ones lying to us.

General election now!

Hmmm... tricky one, I think the current government are more guilty of not having a clue rather than lying.

As unbeliever says - down to OBR revising their predictions but this is based on the impact of the brexit vote on the value of the pound and the subsequent knock on effects.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 19:58 ----------

General election now!

What for exactly?

What exactly do you think the result of a GE would be. What do you realistically think are the options.

Status quo for Maggie Thatcher II i.e. life exactly as it is now

Compo Corbyn and his bunch of deluded disciples

UKIP.. a party who brawled with their own candidates and whose purpose (as a result of the Referendum) is wholly obsolete

Liberal Democrats who?

Green Party what?

Total waste of time and money. The question was simple.

Do people want to leave the EU - YES / NO.

The people have spoken. It was a stright 2 way vote and whether people like it or not, the MAJORITY has spoken.

I too was shocked and quite unhappy with the result but that's democracy. Pledges, soundbites and general horse crap was peddled by BOTH sides of the argument. People made up their minds just like they would in any other vote.

Enough already. Time to get on with the important parts.

A general election is not going to change anything and you know it. Its just another one of the many delaying tactics from sore losers.

Well thank you. Very honourable of you.

I actually said pretty much the same thing to the remain folk the night before the vote when I was convinced we'd lost.

But you do not speak for all the remain folk, or even all those on this Forum.

he does speak for us all

well the sane ones anyway :)

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 20:57 ----------

Also £1 billion worth of trade deals have been signed during her trip to India, I wonder what the remainers have to say about that...

as welcome as they are they hardly brexit related though since we can't make trade deal until we actually leave the EU