The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

Thanks for the link as this is the misleading one written by George Osborne that lied about everyone being £4,300 a year worse off for at least 15 years.

I am already about £2k worse off and there have only been 5 months since the vote so he was spot on.

I am already about £2k worse off and there have only been 5 months since the vote so he was spot on.

We haven't left yet. We haven't even triggered article 50 yet.

I think you need to be seriously looking into that. I haven't felt any different whatsoever.

Righto. Nice cherry picking there.

I see your random anecdote and raise you the highest GDP growth in the G7.

Since when is selection of an example cherry picking?

Alternatively, if it is, then every example you've presented can be countered with an alternative opinion and then you're as bad as he is...

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 21:11 ----------

We haven't left yet. We haven't even triggered article 50 yet.

I think you need to be seriously looking into that. I haven't felt any different whatsoever.

You don't trade outside the UK then? You don't go on holidays outside the UK?

You don't east Marmite or any food that is affected by the decline in the value of the £.

Must be nice to be so isolated - oh, hold on...

you can not leave it at that, why? I took a dip in income too around £30k in the same time period but i went part time.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 21:30 ----------

Alternatively, if it is, then every example you've presented can be countered with an alternative opinion and then you're as bad as he is...

You don't east Marmite or any food that is affected by the decline in the value of the £.

Don't get the Marmite bit its made in the UK

Edited by phil752

The value of currency goes up and down repeatedly. Always will.

A change in government, a change in policy, military conflicts, failures in industry, natural disasters, company closures, media reporting can all have an affect on the value of shares, credit ratings and currency.

Guess what - BREXIT is not the be all and end all. Between june and september it has dipped and risen 6 times. Longer term, what do you blame for the drop in 2012? 2013? 2015? No brexit to point the finger at then.

You call me isolated. Perhaps some of us look at the bigger picture.

Lets take your food example. Its never been so cheap. We are flooded with discounters and bulk sellers with the ability to fill a trolley for prices unheard of just a decade ago.

Just becuase Tesco has some temporary fall out with a supplier because god forbid it might affect their £162m profit does not mark it to be some doomsday example of how the world is crashing around us.

Edited by ECCOnoob

unless you want no trade deal and no cooperation with the EU, then you will get half brexit

there isn't another way to do it

That's one of the classic remain lies. Probably the biggest. I'm not calling you a liar because it's not your lie. But it is a lie. And that will become clear to you in time.

There will be full Brexit and the sky will not fall.

you can not leave it at that, why? I took a dip in income too around £30k in the same time period but i went part time.

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 21:30 ----------

Don't get the Marmite bit its made in the UK

"While Marmite might be made in Burton, the packaging and materials and machinery will be sourced from overseas, often paid for in US dollars, and this results in higher costs. The consumer goods giant would argue that its profit will suffer if it doesn't pass these on to it's customers. "

---------- Post added 08-11-2016 at 21:40 ----------

That's one of the classic remain lies. Probably the biggest. I'm not calling you a liar because it's not your lie. But it is a lie. And that will become clear to you in time.

Why is it a lie? Or is this one of those 'never to be disproven' claims?

The value of currency goes up and down repeatedly. Always will.

though our's hasn't been this low for decades, possibly longer and it's rise and fall at the minute seems linked directly to the perception of how our future relationship with the Eu will be

though our's hasn't been this low for decades, possibly longer and it's rise and fall at the minute seems linked directly to the perception of how our future relationship with the Eu will be

Although the dollar may well drop like a stone if Trump gets in...