The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

So a vote for Trump is now supposed to be somehow a vote against full/hard Brexit?

Now then UB, let me ask you, and all the other Brexiteers, a straight question. Are you not, at least a little, worried that having blathered on about we can get free trade with the rest of the world, we now have a narcissistic populist mad man in the Whitehouse who has been blathering on about "American jobs" and introducing tariffs to "protect" them ? And at this very moment you want to leave the biggest free trade area in the world......

Now then UB, let me ask you, and all the other Brexiteers, a straight question. Are you not, at least a little, worried that having blathered on about we can get free trade with the rest of the world, we now have a narcissistic populist mad man in the Whitehouse who has been blathering on about "American jobs" and introducing tariffs to "protect" them ? And at this very moment you want to leave the biggest free trade area in the world......

The US parties put forward 2 protectionist candidates. I doubt that much will happen about it.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 09:15 ----------

It's all on the world bank site.

Really?

This page http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/TM.TAX.MRCH.WM.AR.ZS

Says that the latest average tariff for which there is data is under 3%.

I gave you a specific link with specific data. The world bank site is huge and the first relevant hit I could find through google supports my position.

If you can't do any better than "the world bank site", then it's going to look like you just made it up.

This article says Donald trump will boost America and the UKs special relationship= http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/729184/Donald-Trump-no-reason-panic-former-ambassador-Washington-US-election

This article says Donald trump will boost America and the UKs special relationship= http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/729184/Donald-Trump-no-reason-panic-former-ambassador-Washington-US-election

Well yes. We can expect the diplomatic relationship to warm. But that's a different matter to getting trade agreements signed off.

At least with the Republicans in charge of the legislature as well, we only have 1 US government to deal with for at least 2 years.

Nationalistic, populist and charismatic, full of promises that cannot be kept, I guess that applies to both vote leave and Trump.

If I had a vote I would have been the first in line to vote for Clinton. I was pretty much the first in line to vote for Brexit. The 2 things are not remotely connected.

If I had a vote I would have been the first in line to vote for Clinton. I was pretty much the first in line to vote for Brexit. The 2 things are not remotely connected.

You can see how stupid Trump is from afar, but people are naturally nationalistic.

The main difference is that we are sold free trade is good, whilst Trump wants to protect jobs in America.

Will he bring in tariffs, and will we get a better trade deal?

Both our nations will benefit from a lower currency, but it means they are poorer, as a nation.