The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

You can see how stupid Trump is from afar, but people are naturally nationalistic.

The main difference is that we are sold free trade is good, whilst Trump wants to protect jobs in America.

Will he bring in tariffs, and will we get a better trade deal?

Both our nations will benefit from a lower currency, but it means they are poorer, as a nation.

He can destroy NAFTA without the consent of Congress. Bet you he doesn't do it.

He can destroy NAFTA without the consent of Congress. Bet you he doesn't do it.

Just read in a little more depth, perhaps I was taken in by the media, he hasnt actually said what he would do.

Just always anti this, anti that, just like vote leave.

9. A mass deportation of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants living in the US should go into effect.

16. China should be taken to task on a number of issues in order to make trade with the US more equitable. He says he will make China stop undervaluing its currency, and force it to step up its environmental and labour standards. He is also critical of the county's lax attitude towards American intellectual property and hacking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34903577

Just read in a little more depth, perhaps I was taken in by the media, he hasnt actually said what he would do.

9. A mass deportation of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants living in the US should go into effect.

16. China should be taken to task on a number of issues in order to make trade with the US more equitable. He says he will make China stop undervaluing its currency, and force it to step up its environmental and labour standards. He is also critical of the county's lax attitude towards American intellectual property and hacking.

These things would have to get through congress. The NAFTA destruction would not.

i'm intrigued how he could do 16

and 9 for that matter

I`m even more certain I didn`t / don`t want to leave the EU. I felt far more of an affinity with my fellow Europeans than with America before, but now they`ve voted Trump in........ Gordon Bennet, I`m speechless. I don`t want to be associated with them at all. I wonder if Americans abroad will be embarrassed with Trump being voted in by their fellow Americans ? They certainly should be.

Edited by Justin Smith

I`m even more certain I didn`t / don`t want to leave the EU. I felt far more of an affinity with my fellow Europeans than with America before, but now they`ve voted Trump in........ Gordon Bennet, I`m speechless.

Nobody's asking us to pay the US government so that they can sell us things, or to accept the authority of the US federal government over our parliament, or to allow the US supreme court to rule on matters of UK law.

So you're safe anyway.

I`m even more certain I didn`t / don`t want to leave the EU. I felt far more of an affinity with my fellow Europeans than with America before, but now they`ve voted Trump in........ Gordon Bennet, I`m speechless.

Bear in mind we're due a few elections in Europe over the next year. Given what's gone off over the last 12 months we could get all sorts of bat **** crazy candidates winning stuff (Greece has already got the ball rolling technically).

I`m even more certain I didn`t / don`t want to leave the EU. I felt far more of an affinity with my fellow Europeans than with America before, but now they`ve voted Trump in........ Gordon Bennet, I`m speechless. I don`t want to be associated with them at all. I wonder if Americans abroad will be embarrassed with Trump being voted in by their fellow Americans ? They certainly should be.

Why should they ?

That's how democracy works, you don't always get the outcome you personally voted for.

Nobody's asking us to pay the US government so that they can sell us things, or to accept the authority of the US federal government over our parliament, or to allow the US supreme court to rule on matters of UK law.

So you're safe anyway.

You misinterpret what I mean, I`m not talking economically. I feel I`ve far more in common with my fellow Europeans, I feel I`ve even less in common with the Americans now.

Why should they ? [/b]

That's how democracy works, you don't always get the outcome you personally voted for.

I think the result in the US after the brexit vote pretty much guarantees that the chances of a referendum on the EU in any nation in Europe is just about nil.

Nobody in Europe is going to take the chance of democracy breaking out.