The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

These days I treat economic forecasts as I do opinion polls; with contempt. People who were wrong last time "definitely right this time". But even if they are right it's wrong to gloat. I think lots of people were deliberately misled by people who represent the interests of the wealthy, but you won't persuade people they were misled by mocking them, only by explaining how and why they were lied to.

I have said this before that you should be held to account for the decisions you have made. Making excuses is childish.

This latest news is good news for me as the gap in the social classes will widen to my family's benefit. There is a silver lining to everything.

But Cameron took his ball home. Give her time.

I'm glad there's more time, because every day the three ministers tasked with planning Brexit are found more and more wanting.

Eventually you'll all be eating humble pie, washed down with prosecco

I have said this before that you should be held to account for the decisions you have made. Making excuses is childish.

This latest news is good news for me as the gap in the social classes will widen to my family's benefit. There is a silver lining to everything.

why would that be good news to you

A lot of people who are arguing against hard Brexit have nothing to particularly fear or lose from it, me included.

I guess ez is in the same position.

so whats the problem if in or out is of no consequence, I was just wondering why you seem to wish ill on others, and why you say social class rather than economic?

so whats the problem if in or out is of no consequence, I was just wondering why you seem to wish ill on others, and why you say social class rather than economic?

Some people don't just think of themselves and are indeed capable of seeing the bigger picture.

I said nothing about social class. My argument now that I've accepted Brexit is happening is purely economic. Transitional arrangements suit everybody best. May has this point nailed and I agree with her fully.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/cpsprodpb/F9AF/production/_90091936_img_5827.png

The above BBC graphic explains the article 50 process, I have tried to explain this several times before, but the graph is a nice visual reminder of the weakness of the UK negotiating position. Unless May openly supports free movement of people, Hard Brexit is very likely. I think the market has already adjusted to a degree, but there is still more to come.

A lot of people who are arguing against hard Brexit have nothing to particularly fear or lose from it, me included.

I guess ez is in the same position.

Surely we all have something to lose, the economy will crash harder and for longer if there is a "hard" exit. That will affect everyone in the country won't it?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 09:25 ----------

Unless it never pays back and just increases the debt.

Yes, that would be someone getting the sums wrong wouldn't it.

Do you KNOW that current infrastructure spending will never pay back? Should you be advising the government?

Surely we all have something to lose, the economy will crash harder and for longer if there is a "hard" exit. That will affect everyone in the country won't it?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 09:25 ----------

Yes, that would be someone getting the sums wrong wouldn't it.

Do you KNOW that current infrastructure spending will never pay back? Should you be advising the government?

Do you know that current infrastructure spending will pay back?