The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

yup we'll all be poor losers when it all kicks in, and those with not much will lose most

Why do you think that ?

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 11:51 ----------

Generally then, who has been the best in the last 40 years then?

I have great hopes for Theresa May as a thoughtful leader that will not jump into making knee jerk decisions.

I also appreciate that there is a legion of advisors and committees that influence politicians.

I must admit that no previous leaders name immediately springs to mind.

Who would be your choice ?

Edited by harvey19

Why do you think that ?

because i dont think its going to suddenly turn into some immigration free utopia like those that voted out seem to think it will.

At best i think it will stay roughly the same, at worst we're all going to be worse off as prices rise and the poorest who struggle anyway are going to find it tougher.

Just my personal opinion on it.

cutting your nose off to spite your face like i said during the referendum

I have great hopes for Theresa May as a thoughtful leader that will not jump into making knee jerk decisions.

I also appreciate that there is a legion of advisors and committees that influence politicians.

I must admit that no previous leaders name immediately springs to mind.

Who would be your choice ?

What did May do in her previous job? She failed to reduce immigration.

We can reduce immigration from outside the EU, have we done that yet, we starting reducing immigration from outside the EU in 2010, how far have we got?

A second referendum for what ?

Because the first one was only advisory, would people vote the same way if they know Scotland will leave the UK, would people vote the same way if they realised it would cause a recession?

A second referendum may be required by EU law.

Legal and constitutional experts from Oxford University and the University of Westminster say the government must hold a second referendum before the UK can officially leave the European Union.

However, constitutional expert Dr. Peter Catterall says the government will have to be challenged in court to force a second referendum on the eventual contents of a Brexit deal.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/there-should-be-a-second-referendum-but-there-probably-wont-be-2016-7

Immigration was not the only reason people voted to leave.

Personally I was fed up of hearing over rhe years that we couldn't do things because of EU regulations.

but there was TWO main ones, and youve just mentioned em in the one post :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 25-11-2016 at 12:36 ----------

A second referendum for what ?

A do you really want to be an idiot referendum

A: do you want to stay in the EU

B: do you really want to cut off your nose to spite your face and leave the EU

Because the first one was only advisory, would people vote the same way if they know Scotland will leave the UK, would people vote the same way if they realised it would cause a recession?

A second referendum may be required by EU law.

Legal and constitutional experts from Oxford University and the University of Westminster say the government must hold a second referendum before the UK can officially leave the European Union.

However, constitutional expert Dr. Peter Catterall says the government will have to be challenged in court to force a second referendum on the eventual contents of a Brexit deal.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/there-should-be-a-second-referendum-but-there-probably-wont-be-2016-7

OK and I hope Father Christmas remembers to call at your house this year :)