A better referendum?

Do you think that we should end the free movement of people agreement  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that we should end the free movement of people agreement

So, in truth you didn't like our government opting out of something that would have helped you, and you don't like globalisation. I don't know your industry but I was talking to chap who gets protection from the bigger companies because of the EU - he's a small local concern doing craft beers. I know the EU protect other things like our venerable Cornish pasty. Do you think our government helps small businesses? I don't. Corbyns lot certainly won't.

But the first point, competition - we've always had that haven't we? It's a global market in we're competing with everyone.

We only had competition in my line of business from other small companies,but we then had an infux of foreign companies move in and start selling products way cheaper than us with a cheap workforce which they brought with them which ultimately put us and three of our local competitors out of business leaving us no option but to end up working for these foreign companies.We also used to buy our products from british companies keeping them in work as well.As for The conservatives and labour i will never vote for either of them,i would rather not vote at all.

Cheap shot. 'everyone'?

why was it

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 22:19 ----------

We only had competition in my line of business from other small companies,but we then had an infux of foreign companies move in and start selling products way cheaper than us with a cheap workforce which they brought with them which ultimately put us and three of our local competitors out of business leaving us no option but to end up working for these foreign companies.We also used to buy our products from british companies keeping them in work as well.As for The conservatives and labour i will never vote for either of them,i would rather not vote at all.

what line of work, company was it

I mean like doctors pushing Statins at every one. they know best their educated.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 22:13 ----------

inflation does not take everything into account, if compared to fuel, house prices or rent, to name a few, people are not doing so well at all.

Fuel is artificially inflated by the British Government. House prices and rents are high as a result of consecutive British Governments housing policies refusing to deal with a shortage of housing. These are issues of the British Government causing costs to go up, not the EU.

Im still waiting for Armageddon which was promised by the Remain camp .

Have a go Penistone. Leave won the referendum, now say something constructive.

What immigration controls do you want to have.

If PM May's team fail to come up with them do you want another referendum to refuse them a mandate.

By the way the last referendum wasn't about immigration.

Fuel is artificially inflated by the British Government. House prices and rents are high as a result of consecutive British Governments housing policies refusing to deal with a shortage of housing. These are issues of the British Government causing costs to go up, not the EU.

i never said anything about the EU, you stated that we were all a lot better off, you didn't put any qualifies in the statement.

Of the info I can see here it sounds more like you resent the British Government opting out of EU rules designed to protect workers, which incidentally suggests a worthwhile questioning of the idea that we have no control over any of the rules and regulations handed down from Brussels.

The EU has probably done quite a lot for all of us but most of it is probably indirect.

Perhaps i was doing it to punish the british government,dont you think?.That was part of my argument,why be in something that our government can opt out of,we may as well not be in it at all.

Im still waiting for Armageddon which was promised by the Remain camp .

Well we haven't started the leave process yet have we? A low value pound was initially seen as a good thing for exports but more recently companies have started to complain that raw materials are increasing in price where they have to be imported. Some companies have started to demand prices rise in Britain as the pounds they are getting are not worth as much as they used to be. Like I said, we haven't actually started the formal leaving process yet.

If you think leaving the EU will stop things like that happening you're very very wrong. You want to know the main reason? The great British public.

"WE WANT IT CHEAP"

You're new but have a search for, well anything, on this site. People looking for a garage, tyres, printing, anything really and 8/10 the post finishes with "must be cheap". Or free. Not "must be quality", not "must be locally made". Oh no, must be cheap.