A better referendum?

Do you think that we should end the free movement of people agreement  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that we should end the free movement of people agreement

i never said anything about the EU, you stated that we were all a lot better off, you didn't put any qualifies in the statement.

As I said previously, I was rebutting the argument that EU membership had resulted in the average worker being worse off, it hasn't. The elements you have highlighted are all pretty much directly attributable to the British Government, not the EU.

why was it

I'm part of everyone - no-one pushed a Statin's at me.

Here a few more you can avoid, if possible...........

"They're all coming over here"

"They're taking all our jobs"

"They're all racists"

"We're all a lot better off"

don't get that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil752 View Post

why was it

I'm part of everyone - no-one pushed a Statin's at me.

Here a few more you can avoid, if possible...........

"They're all coming over here"

"They're taking all our jobs"

"They're all racists"

"We're all a lot better off"

don't get that?

Sweeping generalisation's are always wrong..........................

...........by the way that's a joke!

As I said previously, I was rebutting the argument that EU membership had resulted in the average worker being worse off, it hasn't. The elements you have highlighted are all pretty much directly attributable to the British Government, not the EU.

in a practice, I do not see how you can separate it, in general the general the britsh workforce is worse off.

Perhaps i was doing it to punish the british government,dont you think?.That was part of my argument,why be in something that our government can opt out of,we may as well not be in it at all.

Er, so you voted to leave but really want ever closer integration?

There is surely no point in voting against the British Government, the point would surely be to vote in the general election for a different party who's manifesto is the most acceptable/preferable to you. Presumably a party in your case that seeks to protect workers rights?

If you think leaving the EU will stop things like that happening you're very very wrong. You want to know the main reason? The great British public.

"WE WANT IT CHEAP"

You're new but have a search for, well anything, on this site. People looking for a garage, tyres, printing, anything really and 8/10 the post finishes with "must be cheap". Or free. Not "must be quality", not "must be locally made". Oh no, must be cheap.

How did the great british public manage before then without cheap imported products.Ill tell you how they managed,it was because they didnt live beyond their means by having a pocketful of credit cards and all the latest gadgets and a huge mortgage.

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 22:43 ----------

Er, so you voted to leave but really want ever closer integration?

There is surely no point in voting against the British Government, the point would surely be to vote in the general election for a different party who's manifesto is the most acceptable/preferable to you. Presumably a party in your case that seeks to protect workers rights?

Labour and the Conservatives were both peeing in the same pot.It was Labour for christ sakes who opted out of it.

Who's going to feel that punishment most? David Cameron or you?

The strange thing about this referendum was I think some people did treat it has an general election. Perhaps the last general election was an tactic vote as only Cameron offered an referendum Miliband didn't Cameron won but lost the referendum he resigned. Time will tell if the people did right by voting out would a second referendum give a different result now who knows but give it perhaps ten years then call an referendum after giving the people an chance of life after the EU.

in a practice, I do not see how you can separate it, in general the general the britsh workforce is worse off.

No it isn't, the average household had increasingly more disposable income from the mid 90's until the recession.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/householddisposableincomeandinequality/financialyearending2015

Even if the average British worker was worse off, the elements you list as the ones making them worse off are not as a result of EU membership, they are down to the British Government.

Have a go Penistone. Leave won the referendum, now say something constructive.

What immigration controls do you want to have.

If PM May's team fail to come up with them do you want another referendum to refuse them a mandate.

By the way the last referendum wasn't about immigration.

No it wasnt ,but while ever we were in the EU we had to abide by their moronic open borders policy and free movement of people. This was a big factor in many people voting leave.

No it isn't, the average household had increasingly more disposable income from the mid 90's until the recession.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/householddisposableincomeandinequality/financialyearending2015

Even if the average British worker was worse off, the elements you list as the ones making them worse off are not as a result of EU membership, they are down to the British Government.

So why do you think wages and disposable income have not kept up, since the recession, which you indicated. Why have house building programs always been stalled, as you know more house capacity cheaper houses, so why?