Seven-year-old boy living as a girl

What on earth are you on about! I've never heard such tripe!

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on with your life without feeling the need to interfere in the lives of people that believe in such tripe, and nice if they could get on with their life without the need to interfere in the lives of people that think its tripe.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could get on with your life without feeling the need to interfere in the lives of people that believe in such tripe, and nice if they could get on with their life without the need to interfere in the lives of people that think its tripe.

I think you just like arguing the toss with anything Cyclone says.

It's boring for the rest of us. Maybe get a hobby?

But your beliefs do endanger children, your beliefs are that this life is more important than the after life, by forcing your beliefs on people in this life you destroy their chance of a peaceful after life and condemn them to eternity of suffering, you also cause suffering in this life by splitting up parent and child, or forcing the parent to avoid medical help. Its possible that a child could be saved without the use of a blood transfusion but by removing the free will of parent and child you make it more likely that they will avoid seeking medical help.

Okay, well I'm happy to accept that you're mental then. Can we move on? The topic isn't weird religious beliefs, and it was a simple example of why parents don't always choose things that are actually best for their children. Some of them don't even try, others are just delusional. Whether you agree with the delusion or not isn't relevant, the point is made.

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 20:14 ----------

I think you will find it was cyclone arguing with what I said.

Is that so. Let's quickly check.

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 20:15 ----------

Post #61 I mention blood transfusions. If I'm the one arguing with you, you must have mentioned it before then, and not just in post #76 where you say something really stupid.

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 20:16 ----------

Difficult to get on with life if you're the dead child whos parents denied you a life saving medical procedure though, don't you think?

Okay, well I'm happy to accept that you're mental then. Can we move on? The topic isn't weird religious beliefs, and it was a simple example of why parents don't always choose things that are actually best for their children. Some of them don't even try, others are just delusional. Whether you agree with the delusion or not isn't relevant, the point is made.

Post #61 I mention blood transfusions. If I'm the one arguing with you, you must have mentioned it before then, and not just in post #76 where you say something really stupid.

So now you think that everyone with a belief in God, heaven and hell is mental, how nice. I didn't argue against your opinion that blood transfusions can save a life, or against your opinion that it is in your child's best interest.

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 20:19 ----------

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 20:16 ----------

Difficult to get on with life if you're the dead child whos parents denied you a life saving medical procedure though, don't you think?

Their belief won't kill you or affect you, its your beliefs that are affecting them and causing them suffering.

Edited by Petminder

Petminder,

It is against the law to discriminate against a person because of their religion or belief. This applies:

when they buy or use goods and services

at work

in education

in housing.

What is not protected is the harming of children by their parents. The state takes no account of an "after life " The state does not involve itself in the doctrinal beliefs of J.W's.

The state is concerned with the here and now.As I said before,in a secular society there are limits placed on human action. That's why the state interferes where necessary.

But your beliefs do endanger children, your beliefs are that this life is more important than the "after life ".

An after life is a matter for metaphysical speculation . The position one occupies in the "after life" is a matter between the believer and their god. In this secular society ,there isn't any prohibition on such ruminating.

What there is a prohibition on, is harming children in this life.

Edited by petemcewan

Petminder,

It is against the law to discriminate against a person because of their religion or belief. This applies:

when they buy or use goods and services

at work

in education

in housing.

What is not protected is the harming of children by their parents. The state takes no account of an "after life " The state does not involve itself in the doctrinal beliefs of J.W's.

The state is concerned with the here and now.As I said before,in a secular society there are limits placed on human action. That's why the state interferes where necessary.

An after life is a matter for metaphysical speculation . The position one occupies in the after life is a matter between the believer and their god. In this secular society there isn't any prohibition on such ruminating.

What there is a prohibition on is harming children in this life.

I know what the laws says and I simply disagree that the minority should have to submit to the will of the majority, if it was the other way round would you be happy, if the majority thought that life after death was more important than this life would you be happy for them to inflict their beliefs onto you and your children?

Wouldn't it be nice if people's beliefs didn't cause the death of their children..

Wouldn't it be nice if people's beliefs didn't cause the death of their children..

Refusing medical treatment wouldn't be the cause of death and everyone should have the right to refuse medical treatment.

Life style choice, disease and accidents are usually the cause of death, children are dying in the millions because of the non religious choices made by adults.

Refusing medical treatment wouldn't be the cause of death and everyone should have the right to refuse medical treatment.

Life style choice, disease and accidents are usually the cause of death, children are dying in the millions because of the non religious choices made by adults.

That is strange logic. So if you say I have a treatable disease but am refused treatment by my parents, they are not to blame?

The child does not have the choice - it is their parents who make the choice for them.