Trying to Trace Family History of Ernest Smith b.1920

I am trying to trace my Great Grand Fathers family, I have very little Information about any of the family. His name was Ernest Smith a Lorry Driver. He did live at 11 Holbert Street, Sheffield in august 1959. Born about 1920 in Sheffield, he married someone called Dorothy in about 1940 they had a son called John Michael Smith born 1941 died about 1990. He married Anne Buckley in 1959 in Heeley. They had 4 children. That is all i have i really am stuck and appreciate all the help i can get.

I am trying to trace my Great Grand Fathers family, I have very little Information about any of the family. His name was Ernest Smith a Lorry Driver. He did live at 11 Holbert Street, Sheffield in august 1959. Born about 1920 in Sheffield, he married someone called Dorothy in about 1940 they had a son called John Michael Smith born 1941 died about 1990. He married Anne Buckley in 1959 in Heeley. They had 4 children. That is all i have i really am stuck and appreciate all the help i can get.

No Holbert Street in Sheffield. Could it be Hobart Street?

echo.

I agree that the marriage certificate would help. It will give you the names of Ernest and Dorothy's fathers. There are too many Ernest Smiths on the birth register to chose just one. There are also many children with the surname Smith mother Turner

• 2 weeks later...