Doctors surgery

Why can't you get to see your family doctor anymore tried today only to be told

Fully booked up till next week they hold a few appointments back but have to phone in at 8.30 same day ,got more chance of getting 6 numbers on lottery than one of those what a waist of time, the nhs is getting worse

Fully booked up till next week they hold a few appointments back but have to phone in at 8.30 same day ,got more chance of getting 6 numbers on lottery than one of those what a waist of time, the nhs is getting worse

funny i hadn't been to my doctor in 5 years and got a letter saying id be stuck off if i didn't attend an appointment they made for me to see a doctor.

If your a tax payer forget it. Top of the list for funding, bottom of the list to be seen.

I rang last thing one day to be told to ring at 8am the following day, I asked what the difference is from now (5 minutes to closing) and 8 am (opening next day), can anyone enlighten me on this.

Needless to say I was told next week

You can get an appointment next week? Maybe not seem so to you but you are quite fortunate, usually a month wait at Crystal Peaks.

Our Doctors had the phone at 8am system but have now changed to the come at 10:30 and wait system.

Or there area limited number of appointments upto a month in advance.

I had a blood take yesterday, results in 2-3 days.

I booked an appointment for the 9th November to discuss the results

Edited by davyboy

funny i hadn't been to my doctor in 5 years and got a letter saying id be stuck off if i didn't attend an appointment they made for me to see a doctor.

I think they have to do that because surgeries get paid for each person who is registered with them and in the past some surgeries were still getting paid for patients who have died many years ago.

From my understanding, if you get a letter you don't have to make an appointment, but just confirm you are still alive.

So what's changed in the last 20 years ? You used to be able to go to see your doctor any day just sit and wait,, now have 3 doctors at surgery and can't get in till 14th November unless you can win a place in the phone in at 8 30 am makes you think even if they have any appointments seems to me that the all system needs a good look at ,then they say why are you at accident and emergency when your doctor will sort you out (not that I will go) simple you can't get IN to see you family doctor ,:rant: